Be at the heart of the action and attraction at Dierbergs.
Would you like to play a key role in one of our store’s busiest areas – the section that sets us apart, attracts customers and keep bringing them back? Our Deli/Seafood department is definitely where it’s at! If you love food, people and the opportunity for growth, join us as a Full Time Cook.
As a Dierbergs’ Deli/Seafood ambassador, you will provide quality products while ensuring that each customer receives service that’s second to none. Responsibilities will include:
• Providing exceptional customer service that goes above and beyond
• environments (refrigerator, freezer and hot food preparation)
• Operating and cleaning equipment safely, as well as following safe food-handling and temperature guidelines to avoid cross-contamination
• Preparing and cooking products in warm kitchen with temperature of oil and ovens up to 500 degrees
• Following safe food handling guidelines whenever preparing food, according to S.A.F.E. program standards
• Maintaining appropriate temperatures and avoid cross-contamination throughout production and storage
• Learning and promoting our astounding variety of deli and seafood products
• Processing customer orders accurately and efficiently
• Working in varied temperature-controlled
Why Dierbergs is different
• Our deli/seafood center is amazing, allowing you to expand your knowledge in areas such as Dierbergs’ signature foods, seafood, specialty meats (including rotisserie and smoked), cheeses and much more.
• We provide excellent training that will get you up to speed. And, if you are looking for a career with us, you can grow within this department or any other.
What you need to succeed
• At least 18 years of age
• Equal passion for food and for customer service
• Have strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation procedures/guidelines.
• Ability to follow recipes, charts, invoices and temperature gauges
• Basic computer, math and measurement skills
• Flexibility to work a full-time schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays
• Prompt and regular attendance based on your schedule
• Adherence to our dress code, appearance and personal hygiene standards
• A Hepatitis A vaccination (MO locations only)
• May be cross-trained in other departments
• Lifting & Carrying – Up to 50 lbs occasionally
• Pushing & Pulling – Up to 20 lbs force occasionally
• Occasional – Sit, kneel, stoop, squat, climb, overhead reach, & power grip
• Frequent – Stand, walk, head turn, trunk bend, handling, side reach, grasp, pinch, finger manipulation, & feel
• Constant – Forward reach
What’s in it for you?
• Medical, dental and vision…401(k) and pension plans…vacation and personal days
• Weekly paychecks – yes, we are going to pay you every single week!
• Work/life balance and flexible scheduling so you can have a life, too
• Training and growth potential to help you reach your career goals with us
• Discounts on cooking school classes and at the Starbucks kiosks inside some of our locations
• Wellness initiatives, Associate appreciation and volunteer opportunities to keep you engaged and involved
This description is representative only and is not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate in the position may be required to perform.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?GfrTz2w3jZ4ICIHmss02KQt