Be at the heart of the action and attraction at Dierbergs.
Would you like to play a key role in one of our store’s busiest areas – the section that sets us apart, attracts customers and keep bringing them back? Our Deli/Seafood department is definitely where it’s at! If you love food, people and the opportunity for growth, join us as a Part-Time Deli/Seafood Clerk.
As a Dierbergs’ front-line ambassador, you will provide quality products while ensuring that each customer receives service that’s second to none. Responsibilities will include:
• Providing exceptional customer service that goes above and beyond
• Learning and promoting our astounding variety of deli and seafood products
• Processing customer orders accurately and efficiently
• Working in varied temperature-controlled environments (refrigerator, freezer and hot food preparation)
• Operating and cleaning equipment safely, as well as following safe food-handling and temperature guidelines to avoid cross-contamination
Why Dierbergs is different
• Our deli/seafood center is amazing, allowing you to expand your knowledge in areas such as Dierbergs’ signature foods, seafood, specialty meats (including rotisserie and smoked), cheeses and much more.
• You’ll also learn about food preparation, cooking, suggestive selling techniques, merchandising, food safety, catering party trays and other areas.
• No experience is required. We provide excellent training that will get you up to speed. And, if you are looking for a career with us, you can grow within this department or any other.
• This part-time role is ideal for high school students, second jobbers, parents, retirees and anyone who requires a flexible schedule.
What you need to succeed
• At least 16 years of age
• Equal passion for food and for customer service
• Ability to follow recipes, charts, invoices and temperature gauges
• Basic computer, math and measurement skills
• Flexibility to work a part-time schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays
• Prompt and regular attendance based on your schedule
• Adherence to our dress code, appearance and personal hygiene standards
• A Hepatitis A vaccination (MO locations only)
• May be cross-trained in other departments
• Lifting & Carrying – Up to 30 lbs. occasionally
• Pushing & Pulling – Up to 20 lbs. force occasionally
• Occasional – Sit, walk, kneel, stoop, squat, climb, overhead reach, and shovel
• Frequent – Head turn, trunk bend, side reach, grasp, power grip, pinch, finger manipulation, and feel
• Constant – Forward reach, standing, and handling
What’s in it for you?
• Weekly paychecks – yes, we are going to pay you every single week!
• Medical, dental and vision…401(k) and pension plans…vacation and personal days – even for part-time Associates
• Automatic, scheduled pay increases to reward your awesome performance
• Work/life balance and flexible scheduling so you can have a life, too
• Training and growth potential to help you reach your career goals with us
• Discounts on cooking school classes and at the Starbucks kiosks inside some of our locations
• Wellness initiatives, Associate appreciation and volunteer opportunities to keep you engaged and involved
This description is representative only and is not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate in the position may be required to perform.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?naoLywx%2bPRuqUXOTVIExZQx