The John J. Pershing VA Medical Center in Poplar Bluff, MO is actively recruiting for a BC/BE Internal Medicine or Family Medicine physician to work as a Hospitalist at our Medical Center in Poplar Bluff, MO. Major duties include, but are not limited to: Works with other physicians extenders, nurses, and/or other support staff Renders inpatient care for hospitalized Veterans and also for Community Living Center (CLC) patients with another Hospitalist supervising a full-time Nurse Practitioner Provide service with another Hospitalist in the inpatient setting which is a 18-bed facility with no ICU Provides alternate coverage for Urgent Care in the absence of Urgent Care provider (no ER available) Requires ACLS and BLS ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: ANNUAL SALARY: $200K – $240K + annual performance bonus up to additional $15K + full benefits below WORK SCHEDULE: 1st Shift – 8am – 4:30pm CALL REQUIREMENTS: As needed SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE! A recruitment incentive may be offered to highly qualified candidates LICENSURE: 1 Full and unrestricted license from any US State is permissable to work at this facility CME: $1,000 per year stipend for reimbursement + 1 week paid authorized absence to attend (subject to budget availability) STUDENT LOAN REPAYMENT: The Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP) is designed to assist individuals in reducing their qualifying loan balances and in retaining employees by reimbursing loan payments of up to $120,000 over a five year service period MALPRACTICE: Liability protection with tail coverage provided In addition to competitive pay and liability protection, the VA also offers a robust benefits plan that includes: Paid Time Off: 208 Hours paid annual (vacation/personal) leave you can carry over up to 688 hours into a new year 104 Hours paid sick leave each year with no limit on accumulation unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement! 10 Federal holidays with pay 5 Days paid absence to attend approved CME (dependent on availability of funds) Insurance: Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA) Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA) VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government Long-term care insurance is available as an option Federal Retirement Plan: VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan How is the pension funded? VA employees hired after January 1, 2014 automatically contribute 4.4% of their salary each pay period and the VA contributes 8.3% of the employees salary each pay period for a total annual contribution percentage equal to 12.7% of the employees salary Similar to the 401(k) savings plans widely available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of their income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service. For calendar year 2014, employees under the age of 50 may contribute up to $17,500, while those over age 50 are eligible to make catch-up contributions that allow them to defer up to $23,000 The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension In addition to FERS, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel Disability Retirement Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years serviceTracking

To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?6Q0HEPqQJrfCoZoqZ32UZAv