Assists the workers’ compensation attorneys with the handling of workers’ compensation cases. This position requires prior workers’ compensation paralegal experience.
- Communicate with clients to obtain information for and in preparation of discovery & litigation.
- Oversee workers’ compensation attorneys’ calendars and manage scheduling order deadlines.
- Schedule depositions and other case related events.
- Hearing preparation – hearing pleadings, exhibits, coordinate witness interviews.
- Prepare mediation submissions.
- Assist attorney in preparing drafts of legal pleadings, discovery, and discovery responses.
- Prepare affidavits and organize exhibits.
- Prepare index of unpaid medical bills &/or work with WC Case Manager in assisting with same.
- Request medical bills and medical records from medical providers as needed.
- Prepare summaries of medical records as needed.
- Review and evaluate incoming discovery and Rule 607 documentation.
- Assist attorneys in preparing settlement demand packages in preparation for mediation and for informal settlement negotiations.
- Review and organize client information and files.
- Assist attorney in drafting legal documents, completing forms, answering discovery requests, preparing for hearings & preparing responses to motions.
- Prepare files for hearings, subpoena witnesses, etc.
- Coordinate expert witnesses and investigators.
- Assist attorneys with legal research & preparing memorandums and briefs.
- Associate degree required; bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of five years’ paralegal experience in a workers’ compensation law firm &/or insurance defense firm (plaintiff’s side experience is preferred but not required)
- Experience working on complex workers’ compensation claims
- Outstanding interpersonal skills & ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?6OAC9vrYvh9kHCQK%2fdCA6Av