Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for cardiovascular diseases, under the Group’s 2025 Vision to become a “Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,” Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
The Executive Director, Global Brand Lead is accountable to lead the brand strategy at global level, lead the Global Brand Team (GBT) where all cross-functions get alignment on the brand strategy by developing their respective functional tactical plans meeting the strategic imperatives of the brand. Within the Brand strategy, the brand lead is accountable to develop pre-launch and commercialization strategy to be handed over to regions and serve as ” chief orchestra” for the brand around the world by securing alignment with regions and consistency of what regions do for brand commercialization. As core member of the GPT (Global Project team), the Brand Lead is accountable to provide commercial insights to the R&D team to ensure that development activities will meet customer expectations once the product becomes a Brand at regulatory approval. This position influences Market Insight and Analytics by making sure that all projects are relevant to inform the Brand strategy as well as owning the accountability of the forecasting assumptions in the forecasting exercise. Finally, the Executive Director, Global Brand Leader must be recognized as the Subject Matter Expert of the Brand in its current and future indications in respective tumor types and environment.
- Develop and own the Brand Strategy (Brand Plan) and marketing functional tactical plan. Within the Global Brand Team (GBT), the Brand Lead is accountable to secure alignment with other functions at global level and make sure that respective functional tactical plans are relevant to the defined Brand strategy and to secure alignment with regional commercialization team with the global strategic guidance.
- While the Executive Director, Global Brand Lead owns directly the execution of the global marketing tactical plan in a timely manner and within the agreed investment, he/she has to secure proper execution of other functional tactical plans within the GBT.
- The global Brand Lead is expected to play a central role as the leader of the Global Brand Team across all functions and lead all the global functions as one team. In his role of leader of the GPT, the Brand Lead should be able to manage quick turn around when an external or internal event happens and require a strategic adjustment (i.e., Brand issue in a given market, new competitive events)
- For Brand in alliance with a partner, the Executive Director, Global Brand Leader will partner with his/her counterpart to secure alignment between the two companies and between all commercialization functions and will serve as key representative of the Marketing function in the joint committees as needed (e.g., Co-lead of the joint GPT , active member in the JLT, ad hoc presenter in JCC, JEC)
- As the final sign-on of all activities above is made by the Head of Global Oncology Marketing, the Executive Director, Global Brand Leader will have to establish and keep an effective communication with him/her
- From the Brand Strategy, accountable to develop a fully loaded pre-launch and commercialization launch strategy at global level which include positioning, communication platform with core message & story flow, branding elements, campaign and campaign evolution, disease awareness.
- Accountable though the GBT that all commercialization efforts, mainly medical affairs, HEOR and Pricing Access are aligned with the prelaunch and launch strategy.
- Will work closely with the first market to launch to make sure that promotional materials are aligned with the global commercialization strategy and facilitate best practice sharing across the regions. The commercialization strategy includes an overseeing of the ROW approval/commercial launches.
- Based on close relationship with his/her peer in regions , will monitor the performance of the brand in major markets (G8, US, EU5, JP, China) by defining the key KPI of the brand, identified challenges (headwinds) and proposed resolution in a timely manner.
Commercial Input In R&D Strategy:
- As key member of the GPT, the Brand lead is accountable to provide commercial insights to the R&D team to make sure that the development strategy matches the customer needs to secure success of the company in the future commercialization. This includes, but not limited to, insight on market sizing, patient flow, current Standard of Care, market evolution, current and future competitive landscape, value dynamic and other relative elements on the market evolution
- Acts as key stakeholder in the development of the Target Profile (Customer Expectation) and Expected Product Profile. To do so, the Executive Director, Global Brand Leader interacts with all regional stakeholders to make sure that the insight provided to R&D is meeting regional needs.
- Ultimately, Executive Director, Global Brand Leader needs to exercise a voice on the clinical study design (Choice of the comparator, selection of endpoint, statistical assumptions, etc.) as well as into the regulatory document (CDDS, UPSI, CHMP)
- Accountable to get all financial assessments completed in timely manner which may also require customer insights to validate forecasting assumption as well as the Commercial Statement of Interest for all projects presented to R&D committees such as CESP, GEMARD
Cross Functional and Team Leadership:
- Act as leader of the GBT by coordinating cross-functional and regional inputs into the brand strategy and R&D feedback and by making sure that all the functional tactical plans are in line with the strategy
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor’s degree in health science, required
- MBA or other advanced degree, preferred
- 10 or more years of experience in:
- Field of Oncology, global markets, and successful launches, preferred
- Marketing, required
- Oncology experience, required
- International business experience preferred
- Launching a brand as leading position preferred
Ability to travel up to 20%; Perform/attend meetings outside of normal working hours: 20%
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Executive Director, Global Brand Lead- Oncology Breast
Global Oncology Marketing
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?QEUWeZsKYUpViw7MU3WqXwx