We are actively hiring for an Accounting Manager. Join us and support CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer, in achieving our goals! We are looking for motivated, innovative individuals, who think big and move fast with a passion for service excellence.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for managing and supporting the accounting and financial reporting functions of the group relative to its reinsurance activities, HR and benefits accounts, commercial insurance, accrued expenses and other processes. This includes ongoing financial reporting requirements on a statutory basis of accounting.
- Responsible for managing and reviewing contracts and making the decision on the appropriate journal entries for a group of employees (directly and indirectly) with diverse functions and/or skill sets required for complex activities
- Provides coaching and guidance to staff (this position oversees professional and operational accounting staff)
- Oversees preparation of quarterly billings and collection efforts
- Oversees preparation of monthly account reconciliations and provide analysis for assigned accounts
- Oversees preparation of quarterly and annual reporting requirements for external retrocession including analysis
- Oversees the accounting, reporting, and coordinating with external broker for our catastrophe excess of loss reinsurance contract, as well as our other assumed and ceded reinsurance agreements
- Oversees the accounting process for our commercial insurance lines of business
- Responsible for the preparation of Schedule F of the Quarterly and Annual Statement, including related support
- Support Statutory reporting process through account analysis and flux explanations
- Oversees the accounting for the HR and benefits process, including post retirement plan accounting and coordination with external actuarial consultants
- Monitor and reconcile monthly ledger interfaces into the Oracle Cloud general ledger
- Compile and input monthly and/or quarterly journal entries for statutory and Internal Group accounting
- Assist, as needed, with any additional departmental requirements that may include answering state compliance questions, invoice coding, etc
- Regularly meets with representatives from Claims, Actuarial, and Treaty Administration to determine causes of fluctuations and impact on financial results
- Develop and maintain reports for account reconciliations (i.e. lead sheets), financial analysis and reporting
- Identify process improvements and efficiencies and ensuring proper controls.
- Responsible for MAR requirements in area responsible
What would make us excited about you?
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting and/or finance with a minimum of 8+ years previous work experience
- CPA required
- Have at least 2 years prior supervisory experience.
- Proficiently and accuracy with number details and analysis, and must have advanced computer skills, which provide for independent automations and efficiency improvements, particularly in the use of Excel spreadsheets, database software and MS Word documents.
- 2 – 4 years public accounting and/or insurance industry experience, accounting and financial reporting experience with proven technical, organization, documentation and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Oracle Cloud general ledger preferable
- Reinsurance accounting experience preferable
Why join us?
- Make a difference. We don’t just go to work. We’re a team of employees committed to AAA members, our communities and each other.
- Lifestyle. We drive strategy through innovation. We do honorable work, and we live our core beliefs
- Recognition. We offer a total compensation package, performance bonus, 401(k) with a company match, and so much more!
Read more about what we offer and what it is like to be a part of our dynamic team at:
Let’s work together
Submit your application to be considered. We communicate via email, so check your inbox and/or your spam folder to ensure you don’t miss important updates from us.
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, our community also works in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Jersey and Oklahoma. Our differences, visible and invisible, make every individual at CSAA Insurance Group unique and valuable. We strive to foster a culture where all employees feel a sense of belonging and can leverage their differences to thrive. We believe in embracing our unique identities, experiences, and points of view to advance our company and reflect our communities and members.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please contact .
CSAA Insurance Group is an equal opportunity employer.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (EPEWA) we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be, or could be, performed in Colorado. If performed in Colorado, this position has a salary range of $110,00-129,000 with an opportunity for a company-wide annual discretionary bonus, through our Annual Incentive Plan (AIP), of up to 15% of eligible pay.
Company benefit offerings include: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision Plans, Health Savings Account (HSA) which includes company contributions, Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA), Reimbursement Accounts (Health Care Reimbursement Account, Limited Purpose Reimbursement Account), comprehensive Wellness Program including an activity portal and activities, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Transit Commuter Account Program, 401(k) Plan with company match on first 6% of eligible pay that employee contributes each year 100% vested, 401(k) Plan annual profit sharing contribution 100% vested, company paid Life Insurance (at 2x the annual salary), Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D), Short-and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off (Non-Exempt positions only), Flexible Time Off (Exempt positions only), ten paid holidays per calendar year, Adoption Assistance Program, Infant Car Seat Reimbursement, Student Loan Repayment Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Enrichment Time of up to 40 hours per year to be used toward the categories of culture, development, volunteerism, or wellness.
Please note, hourly or salary compensation, or the range of hourly or salary compensation available for a position may vary by location. We reserve the right to amend benefit offerings at any time and compensation will be determined at time of offer.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?M36wRmTx3%2fY5amG17brn7wb