Job ID: 255401
APAC-Atlantic, part of CRH’s South Division, is a leader in the production of high-quality hot mix and warm mix asphalt, serving the Coastal Georgia and Low Country South Carolina markets for over 70 years. No matter how big or small the paving project is, APAC-Atlantic’s goal on any project is to finish on time and on budget. But most importantly, our goal is to make sure the project uses the right materials and construction methods proven to last. From paving and project management to materials, we have you covered. Are you ready to join the best in the business? At APAC-Atlantic, we’re more than just a team. We’re a family. APAC-Atlantic is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify Participant.
This position has primary responsibilities for the day to day operations for grading/pipe/construction crews, and multiple construction projects. Project staffing and selection of required equipment to perform tasks in line with budgeted cost and production schedules is necessary. Safe, efficient production will be a primary concern of this position. Project planning will be necessary to achieve the goals of production and safety, as well as timely completion of projects.
- Promote a safe working culture for all employees; work with safety and field personnel to minimize risk and increase safety for employees at all times
- Ensure safety policies are enforced and safe work practices are applied to all tasks.
- Ensure Pre-job inspections are completed.
- Act in an ethical manner, portray a positive Company image and promote customer relations.
- Assure progress reports are turned in on schedule.
- Leadership in daily T5 and weekly Toolbox Talks.
- Ensure daily timesheets filled out for all personnel on all crews and turned in after the shift.
- Ensure weekly fuel usage, hour meter readings and mileage reporting for equipment is accomplished for all crews.
- Review job quality to ensure customer specifications are being met and eliminate rework.
- Provide input to project manager for schedule updates, material variances, and changes to scope of work.
- Maximize success of Productivity measures on all jobs.
- Initiate daily performance dialogues with foreman and ensure that those are dialogues are being passed down. Examples include daily flash reports, productivity reports and target information.
- Facilitate pre-shift crew meetings to establish and communicate shift goals.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Communicate with the crews/foreman about the next day’s work.
- Responsible for hours and costs of manpower, equipment and trucking on paving crews.
- Participate in handoff meeting and fully understand performance and cost expectations of the job.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required or preffered .
- 5+ years related experience in asphalt construction and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Demonstrated success in managing employees and/or leading a crew.
- Proven ability to develop relationships and to work with teams as both a leader and a participant.
- A working knowledge of customer specifications will be necessary to ensure a quality project avoiding re-work or punch list work.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills; building rapport, listening, presenting, giving and receiving feedback.
- High standard of ethics, integrity and trust.
- Required be able to pass pre -employment criminal background check.
- Required to possess a valid drivers license.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures outlined in Employee Handbook.
- Moderate travel required; must be willing to work in or travel to other locations as needed.
- Required to be available as needed during non-traditional work hours.
- Required to be able to work independently and with groups.
- Required to be able to work under time constraints as needed.
- Must display a professional and courteous attitude toward co-workers, supervisors and general public at all times.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
APAC-Atlantic is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?pPlOwfK%2fiLugXXIIrAGCbgo