Two Clinician-Educator Faculty positions
Full-time, 12-month (non-tenure-track), rank commensurate with experience – target start date January 1, 2021
- Terminal doctoral degree in occupational therapy, or related area of study ; OTD, EdD or PhD.
- Three years of experience as an occupational therapist.
- Experience in academia including t eaching in distance and/or hybrid programs preferred.
- Clinical expertise and proficiency in physical rehabilitation (neurology, gerontology, orthopedics and/or upper extremity).
- Evidence of excellent communication with interprofessional stakeholders .
- Occupational therapist with active Arizona license or eligibility for Arizona licensure.
- The Occupational Therapy Creighton Phoenix Clinician-Educator Faculty positions are responsible for teaching, scholarship, and service to the department and the university. Based on the Creighton University Phoenix Health Sciences Campus, primary responsibilities include teaching laboratory and experiential components of physical rehabilitation and/or other courses in the OTD program (e.g., physical rehab, neuro-rehab, gerontology, orthopedics, and upper extremity rehab), in collaboration with course instructors based on the Omaha Creighton campus. In addition, participation in interprofessional education activities and student advisement are roles of these positions. These positions will report directly to the Creighton University Occupational Therapy Program Director based in Omaha, Nebraska.
Creighton University invites creative and dynamic individuals who are comfortable working, or willing to learn to work, in a hybrid teaching and learning environment to apply. These positions, based at the Creighton University Phoenix Health Sciences Campus, will support the occupational therapy departmental growth and expansion of our entry-level OTD program to a hybrid pathway located in Phoenix, Arizona. We are looking for doctoral-prepared individuals who enjoy a progressive and dynamic environment to join our active, creative, and engaged faculty of 28; dedicated to expanding the scope of occupational therapy practice and education and challenging our students to actively reflect the University’s unique Ignatian values. Creighton University was the first occupational therapy program to offer the OTD degree and, as such, is nationally and internationally recognized for its vision and academic rigor in occupational therapy education. The Department has strong administrative and institutional support for its programs and creative initiatives. The Phoenix academic site of the Creighton University OTD program has obtained ACOTE accreditation and will admit students beginning in the fall of 2021.
Application review will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled. Expressions of initial interest will be treated in strict confidence. To learn more about these positions and to apply, please visit: . To learn more about the university, school, and program, please visit: . U pon completion of the application process, please attach a curriculum vitae and a cover letter explaining your interest in the position as well as a summary of your qualifications. Questions regarding these positions should be directed to:
Angela Lampe, OTD, OTR/L
Chair – Search Committee
Department of Occupational Therapy
School of Pharmacy and Health Professions
2500 California Plaza
Creighton is a Jesuit, Catholic institution that encourages applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds who believe they can contribute to its distinctive educational tradition.
Creighton University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
Creighton University is committed to providing a safe and non-discriminatory educational and employment environment. The University admits qualified students, hires qualified employees and accepts patients for treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or other status protected by law. Its education and employment policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other programs and activities, are administered without unlawful discrimination.
This description describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Regular, reliable attendance is an essential function and all employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. Employees may also be required to work in excess of normal working hours as workloads and seasonal activities necessitate. A complete description is available in the Human Resource office located at 3006 Webster Street Omaha, NE. Creighton University reserves the right to modify duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without notice.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?kteJpayibv1inVTvM%2fT5Sge