Primary Location: 3003 Summit Blvd, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
As Sr. Manager of Software Engineering the candidate will lead a team of platform engineers to formulate and define specifications and modifications for the ServiceNow platform in terms of business needs and applying that to Enterprise organizational objectives and provide leadership for planning, designing, upgrading, installing, testing, implementing, documenting, and maintaining the ServiceNow platform. The Sr. Manager will need to leverage knowledge and experience to deliver end-to-end solutions on ServiceNow platform which includes designing technical implementations on at least one of the products within ServiceNow including ITSM, ITOM, and HRSM, Portals, GRC or Run Time application development. Having experience with Employee Service Center and Service Portal a plus. The Sr. Manager will also need to manage and facilitate functional design of client deliverables, executive summary read-outs, and detail fact-based analyses as well as collaborate with diverse onshore / offshore teammates on the software development process and agile methodologies. Additionally this person will lead presentations of key solution design, technology architecture concepts and demonstrations to client stakeholders as well as ability to work as part of a team to implement solutions in an Agile-SCRUM framework by writing epics and user stories and collaborate with practice and business development activities including ServiceNow solution development and proposal development as well as collaborate on the design and implementation of the core integration and platform components (LDAP, SSO, Discovery, and MID Server)
- Leads a team to provide high-quality, maintainable software solutions that meet business and technology needs.
- Must be able to influence other software and IT managers to design and build solutions that meet our needs.
- Manage career progression for team members, including hiring, performance reviews, salary decisions, mentoring, coaching, and all duties normally associated with a hiring manager.
- Represent your team in strategy and planning meetings.
- Work with your team to plan, design, implement, and operationalize innovations and improvements to existing programs.
- Work with your team to continually improve their processes and develop best practices for agile development that delivers value to our stakeholders.
- Respond quickly and effectively to production issues and taking responsibility for seeing those issues through resolution.
- Stay current with changes in the technical area of expertise.
- Share knowledge by effectively documenting plans, decisions, and task ownership.
- Experience working with offshore contractors and utilizing offshore flex capabilities.
- High energy, confident, ambitious, and self-motivated individual with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to lead a team to turn high-level requirements into a working system through iterative development.
- Servant leadership – we want you to empower your team members and remove roadblocks for them.
- Desire to mentor and help our team members grow.
- Strong focus on delivering high quality, scalable products.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Experience and Education:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, or related field and 10+ years of software development and/or platform engineering experience or equivalent combination of education or work related experience.
- 2+ years of experience designing large software solutions.
- 3+ years in managing direct reports.
- 5+ years experience working directly with ServiceNow Platform
- Experience in Integrations between ServiceNow and other tools/systems as well as an ability to lead design sessions to architect such integrations
- Demonstrate experience executing Agile methods for software product development.
- Very strong business analysis, system analysis/design, or product analysis skills.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills with the ability to multitask and adapt to change.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator and Certified Implementation Specialist certifications is highly preferred.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?rFkB3DfdBJqC5RFDv%2fx50Au