Primary Location: San Jose CA, San Jose, CA, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 208456
The Sales Executive (SE) is a full time outside sales position. The position requires a structured approach to developing new business in a defined territory. The SE will be responsible for achieving target level volumes in new applications, activations and monthly new business revenue for NextGear Capital (Cox Automotive) as well as the company’s ancillary products and services. The SE will be responsible to maintain relationships with auction general managers to maximize NextGear’s business opportunity within assigned auto auctions. The SE will work closely with NextGear Capital’s Portfolio Managers in their assigned territory to exceed budgeted goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be knowledgeable and educated on all products and services that NextGear Capital offers including inventory financing (floorplan) and the company’s Ancillary Products and Services.
- Must have a general knowledge of all Cox Automotive products and be able to make recommendations to clients based on their needs.
- Develop an aggressive sales plan within a defined market.
- Build prospect list through effective cold calling, lead follow up and referrals.
- Conduct cold calls each week to solicit new relationships for NextGear Capital.
- Follow up on all leads provided daily with a sense of urgency.
- Increase overall loan volume and utilization through service calls to existing customers.
- Visit assigned inactive dealers with the goal of re-engaging the client and increasing utilization of their Line of Credit (LOC).
- Hit target levels of performance in new applications, loan development and new business on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for initial underwriting of potential NextGear Capital customers prior to accepting an application.
- Monitor applications throughout the credit process.
- Responsible for contracting and orientation of new customers.
- Manage customer experience and engagement through the first six months of dealer lifecycle.
- Hit target levels of performance in enrollments and sales of NextGear Capital’s Ancillary Products and Services.
- Develop a strong relationship with NextGear Capital Portfolio Managers.
- Conduct Monthly non-sale day visits with assigned auction General Managers.
- Increase NextGear’s business opportunity at assigned auctions through development of relationship with auction staff and its customers.
Qualifications: Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Of the automotive industry (various sectors)
- Of the finance industry (various sectors)
- Sales Management (develop leads, contract customers, portfolio growth)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage deadlines
- Must be comfortable in a high pressure, results driven and fast paced work environment
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and Outlook with ability to manage high volume of electronic and voice communications
- Ability to learn company operating and reporting system plus Microsoft SalesForce
- Ability to complete Sales Foundation and Challenger Sales training
- Ability to manage problems with solutions-based approach
- Must have a proven track record of success in outside sales position
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in related field and 5 years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- 5 years of experience in outside sales and portfolio management preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in finance or auto industry preferred
- On-the-job ability to learn new products/services offered and adapt to policy/procedure changes as required
- Extensive driving – must have valid driver’s license
- Some overnight travel (apx. 15%)
- Field Visits – other sites
Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?kteJpayibv3bH7PWVdKc%2bAe