Primary Location: 1 Howard St, Burlington, VT, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
As the Advertising Sales Consultant (ASC) you will be responsible for securing new Dealer.com (DDC) advertising business including new accounts & new advertising channels, working in partnership with the outside field sales professionals within their assigned territory.
You will focus on understanding the dealer sales needs, marketing strategies, and business requirements – and leverage this understanding to drive advertising sales, meet assigned quotas, forecast accurately, and develop a pipeline to meet business objectives.
- Work with their assigned territory partners to define monthly strategies and objectives within assigned geography.
- Proactively engage clients in a targeted way to maximize sales productivity/output.
- Maintain expert level product knowledge to share with dealers and territory sales/support partners.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of all Dealer.com OEM program rules. Have the ability to share that knowledge with dealers and internal partners as needed.
- Lead client discussions and presentations via Web based meetings and phone calls. Schedule and lead follow up meetings as needed.
- Identify decision makers, near term client business issues, pain points and challenges, about which DDC can improve, enhance, or remedy the situation.
- Negotiate terms, create and deliver sales proposals that are approved by sales management.
- Achieve assigned activity goals and meet minimal sales performance standards (QUOTA), maintain organizational standards for managing dealer contact and consulting activity, and adhere to our corporate values in all business activity.
- Identify and escalate client issues and concerns which you believe require senior management level intervention to management.
- Complete weekly pre-call research activity at assigned activity levels and log acquired business intelligence into Salesforce database. Follow the prescribed DDC sales process to manage optimal results.
- BA/BS degree in related field and 3 years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Software, advertising sales, or automotive sales experience preferred
- Outstanding communication and consultation skills, both verbal and written, with strong telephone and presentation skills
- Experience effectively building relationships as well as doing needs assessment and qualifying and closing business over the telephone
- Ability to use and interpret research and data for the purpose of helping customers find opportunities for improvement
- Excellent customer service, organizational, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills
- Previous experience using Salesforce.com
- Self-motivated and disciplined
- Ability to travel up to 5%
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?UO46q7c3dMxQtveIPq%2bgMwk