Primary Location: 10415 Morado Circle, Austin, TX, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Director/Senior Director
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 207830
As part of the Cox Automotive family, Inventory Software Solutions (ISS) is building a connected suite of software solutions and services to help automotive dealers thrive in today’s competitive online environment. From vehicle inventory acquisition to vehicle merchandising and pricing to vehicle syndication to all of a dealer’s digital footprint.
Cox Automotive’s ISS team, vAuto, based out of Austin, TX, is comprised of versatile, hardworking, and creative thinkers with diverse skill sets, who can adapt to the rapid changes in the automotive and technology industries. Our professionals are committed to changing the way people shop for and purchase vehicles through our connected digital software solutions.
We are looking for a passionate senior leader who can join the leadership team that will evolve the Inventory Software Solutions team to the next level enterprise software development. The Director is a leader who can effectively guide and build teams to be successful by fostering an environment of trust, innovation, collaboration, and high-performance. This person must have enterprise software development experience and apply it to knock down technical, cultural, or organizational impediments, mentor lead technical staff, and collaborate with other product, architecture and engineering leaders to develop a healthy organization. The Director should have a passion for delivering results through new technologies and processes which will deliver better software to our customers.
Reporting to the VP of Engineering for the Inventory Software Solution Group, the Director of Engineering is a part of a strategic organization tasked with evolving existing products and building new enterprise components aligned to new solutions as part of the growth plans of Cox Automotive. The Director will work closely with Engineering Leadership and key stakeholders across the company to execute the strategic priorities of the company, specifically in regard to the Cox Automotive Enterprise Solutions Portfolio.
The Director of Engineering will lead an organization made of teams located in Austin, TX and off-shore. These teams are focused on existing and new products and capabilities dealers use to manage their vehicle inventory for purposes of sourcing and acquisition of vehicles. These are delivered through a combination of AWS and on-prem components. which will enable dealers’ unique acquisition capabilities to improve their ability to buy vehicles. Our ISS team is highly dynamic and regularly solves new challenges through amazing technology, combined with deep domain understanding. The Director will be responsible for ensuring the morale, productivity, technical expertise and overall health of these scrum teams is high and continuous to aspire to get better.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the ISS Domain Release Train in Austin, TX that contains 3 portfolio products and their associated development scrum teams.
- Overall responsibility for the engineering and architecture alignment of all solutions delivered within release train.
- Ensures that team organization, individual development, and communication are in line with the ISS and broader Cox Automotive vision. Builds Scrum and leadership teams that perform at a high level. Fosters inter-team collaboration and productivity.
- Implements, measures and reports on the execution strategy defined for the team. Execution includes delivery of planned work, with deliverables that meet company standards with respect to quality, scalability, and reliability. Effectively communicates with key stakeholders when either scope or timeline of projects require modification.
- Oversees engineering processes and ability to generate new processes to meet needs. Works closely with senior leadership on continual process improvement and organizational change to support Agile values.
- Responsible for technology roadmap of existing and new components delivered.
- Responsible for appropriately allocating teams to the highest value investments per business backlog and release planning. Formulate and communicate mitigation strategies for long running projects, or projects where risk is high.
- Tracks and measures project work and programs to assess overall success.
- Responsible for ensuring the program scrum teams’ overall morale and productivity continue to improve..
- Manages career progression for team members to include hiring, performance reviews, salary decisions, mentoring, and coaching.
- Partners with leadership on higher level ISS initiatives at the HomeNet sister site located in Exton, PA and other Cox Automotive sites adopting the components built.
- Allocates resources strategically and tactically by balancing the broader ISS lens with the locally supported business unit’s needs.
- Oversees budgeting for local team including hardware to support projects, staffing, facilities and tools for software development.
- Responsible for local engineering brand awareness strategy and implementation as well as responsible for continuing to evolve culture of engineering team to drive Cox Automotive Engineering operating principles.
- Represents Cox Automotive & ISS in the local and regional community; building and fostering relationships used to promote community outreach, name & brand recognition, and talent acquisition.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Background and experience in Automotive a plus
- Experience leading teams through cloud adoption a plus
- 10+ years of technology and software engineering leadership experience in a complex and fast-paced business environment (ideally an agile environment) with exposure to a variety of technologies and solution
- 7+ years of experience coding and delivering software as a team member
- 5+ years of developing software components uses for Enterprise Solutions
- 3+ years delivering products based on micro-services architecture
- Strong software engineering and software architecture skills
- Team player with excellent work habits and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must live or willing to relocate to Austin, TX
- Must be willing to travel to secondary site off-shore as well as other Cox Automotive locations.
- Travel varies, but will be approximately 25%
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?%2fL61sWS7I6iDk9ducjd8yAk