Primary Location: 5700 Broadmoor St, Mission, KS, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Director/Senior Director
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 210831
*This is a remote based role
The Business Development Director develops and executes successful partnership deals that result in revenue growth, dealer satisfaction, brand equity, and position Dealer Software Solutions to be the partner of choice within the automotive industry. This role will negotiate deals worth millions of dollars for Dealer Software Solutions. The Business Development Director will analyze business opportunities, identify partner candidates, develop and assess partnership structures and negotiating positions, and drive a defined process to get partnership agreements executed. Business and financial acumen is a must. The Business Development Director must be able to simultaneously work on multiple high-profile partnership opportunities, possess strong attention to detail, analytical capabilities, and executive-level presentation skills. This position is responsible for understanding the automotive dealer retail market, changes to the competitive landscape in different verticals, and understand the Dealer Software Solutions strategy.
• Identify, prioritize, and secure strategic partnerships that create tangible value for the Dealer Software Solutions division of Cox Automotive
• Negotiate commercial terms
• Track business trends relative to the marketplace that impact Cox Auto; frame opportunities for, and mitigate risk to, the business
• Work with product, sales, marketing, and other teams, as needed, to socialize partnership concepts and gain feedback
• Act as the eyes and ears of the marketplace and provide actionable feedback to internal stakeholders that identify opportunities to grow though the formation of strategic relationships with outside companies
• Maintain cross-organization product knowledge to further identify opportunities for Dealer Software Solutions, e.g. VinSolutions, Xtime, Dealer.com, Dealertrack DMS
• Balance priorities with requests for special projects and/or assignments while maintaining appropriate focus on goals; drive to outcomes with urgency
• Ability to create value for Cox Automotive through internal and external relationships
• Ability to assess a partner’s business through presentations, research, and analysis
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- 10+ years of business development, product management, marketing, relationship management, and/or business consultancy experience
- 3-5 years of business development experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Project management experience
- Automotive industry experience
- Negotiation experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset and high level of accountability; own and manage the opportunity
- Experienced negotiator
- Experience in structuring business terms and use case
- Experience with business case development, socialization, pitch, and continuous prioritization
- Disciplined approach and adherence to processes as needed to mitigate risk and secure business
- Creative problem solving
- Customer/partner centric view; high level of customer service
- High level of proficiency in MS Office applications including Word, Power Point, and Excel.
- Financial forecasting experience
- Understanding of SAAS, capabilities, limitations, and applicable processes
- Ability to work in collaborative, constructive fashion with Cox’s internal teams and partner members
- Ability to assess the competitive environment, understand the Cox Automotive strategy, and formulate specific goals and tasks to drive company success
- Other duties as needed or required
- Requires physical ability and mental acuity to execute the duties of the position successfully within required timeframes in order to meet business requirements.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?e6qBK%2biM1un2uHtcNtoXoQi