Rocky Mount, NC, USA Req #8407
Wednesday, January 27, 2021
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Ply Gem-Elements, a division of Cornerstone Building Brands, located at 130 Red Iron Rd, Rocky Mount, NC is currently looking for a Production Manager to join our team. This individual will be responsible for all day to day manufacturing activities required to produce residential siding products at the plant facility. Coordinate activities of production department with support departments and ensure that all plant goals are met in a timely and cost-effective manner, utilizing knowledge of product technology, production methods and procedures, and capabilities of manufacturing machines and equipment.
* Allocates and manages resources (manpower, equipment and materials) to optimize production output with respect to delivery, quality and cost. Mitigate production disruption, address root cause on issues impacting production attainment & drive actions to help improve plant delivery performance.
* Enforces compliance of operations personnel relating to administrative procedures, safety rules and company regulations.
* Plan production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products using knowledge of production processes and methods, machine and equipment capabilities and labor. Identify capacity constraints, production bottlenecks and implements long term actions to improve output/line efficiency.
* Work with Production Planning to revise production schedules and operation levels in accordance with contingency plans as needed to minimize delays in production due to equipment failure or production problems.
* Develops strategic operating, capital, and other plans to improve effectiveness of operation.
* Ensure compliance with Quality Assurance of products to meet Engineering specifications.
* Works with his/her team to develop and implement materials management strategy (Kanban/min-max, inventory levels, floor/supermarket replenishment, water spider/milk-runs, and inventory control).
* Maintains effective working relationship and communication with all departments and sees to the professional development of all assigned personnel. Ensure all subordinates understand the responsibility-authority-accountability of their position.
* Provide leadership and direction in the continuous improvement of the manufacturing operations through employee involvement in the implementation of Lean manufacturing techniques, Six Sigma techniques (DMAIC) and kaizen events aligned with the overall strategy of the company.
* Establishes departmental budgets.
* Analyzes operational performance and develops priorities for improvements across multiple product platforms.
* Responsible for driving safety performance within the plant (goal: no recordables or lost time injuries).
* Demonstrates safe work practices trough programs, OSHA, and the EPA. Provide leadership and direction in instilling a safety and environmental compliance culture validated through Company policies, local audits and continued improvements in safety & environmental metrics.
* Responsible for all aspects of shop floor management in assigned areas.
* Bachelor’s Degree and/or five (5) to ten (10) years of manufacturing experience.
* Experience leading an operation utilizing High Performance Teams.
* Must be able to communicate with superiors, peers and subordinates in a professional manner.
* Experience with manufacturing high volume, engineered products, machining, assembly, continuous operations
* Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing and be able to read and write business policies, procedures, general business periodicals, manuals, blueprints and other correspondence.
* Organizational and managerial skills.
* Must have strong project management skills with leadership experience in a supervisory capacity. Experience in implementation of Lean Manufacturing, 5s, and Six Sigma techniques, Continuous Improvement, single piece flow systems, TQM, Kanban material flow, etc.
* Demonstrate initiative and willingness to seek out improvements through the use of Lean Manufacturing tools.
* Experience in developing plans that meet a variety of goals simultaneously and the ability to change these plans as business conditions change.
* Experience utilizing analysis tools to determine opportunities for improvement.
* Must be willing to work additional hours and varied working hours to effectively manage people across all shifts.
* Experienced in JDE or SAP or other MRP system
* Experience with Lean Manufacturing as well as other training in formal problem solving and operational analysis, preferably WCM.
* Knowledge of mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, and machining methods
Cornerstone Building Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, protected veteran status, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or national origin.
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand’s name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.
* Job Family Manufacturing
* Pay Type Salary
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?WbJ4YEKIAfp65dMeWNN0fgc