Roers Companies is seeking an energetic, dedicated professional to join our team in Minnetonka, MN as a Financial Analyst. Roers Companies is a growing multifamily developer/owner based in Minnetonka, Minnesota. We own commercial housing properties throughout the Midwest including market rate apartments, senior living, student housing, affordable, and mixed-use. Our portfolio now includes more than 3,700 rental apartments in six states.
You’re passionate about your work. You’re driven to achieve ambitious goals. You step up when the team needs an extra hand and aren’t afraid to ask for help when you need it. You act with integrity and empathy for the people around you. You make smart decisions because you get the big picture and ace the little details. In other words, you share our corporate values – passion, work ethic, teamwork, integrity, and ownership mindset.
The Financial Analyst will help evaluate, recommend, and execute strategies to achieve financial objectives, optimize performance and maximize investor returns. This includes analysis and activities related to cash flow projections, improving operations performance, asset refinancing, asset sales, capital expenditures, capital funding requests, tax appeals, and insurance management. This position will work with the CFO, Asset Management team, Accounting team, and Core Living property management team. The role will directly help accomplish the following:
- Model asset level cash flow performance by working with the accounting, development, equity, and property management teams on monthly financials, underwriting assumptions, and daily operations to understand all aspects of each property and ensure long term viability of each asset for the investors.
- Provide reporting on asset performance by presenting cash flow models to the partners on a monthly basis. Deliver update on each property, progress on strategies implemented in prior months, and summary of capital transactions.
- Work closely with senior property operators to ensure operational success and execute on long term vision for the portfolio.
- Support finance manager in analyzing asset financing process by pushing operations, working with brokers and lenders, providing due diligence, and strategizing on overall portfolio objectives.
- Support finance manager in providing quarterly investor reporting.
- Help manage property taxes, including reviews and appeals.
- Manage commercial leasing activities including brokerage relationships, lease negotiations, property financing, and monthly portfolio reporting.
- Manage annual insurance renewals and facilitate insurance claims to ensure work is complete in an orderly fashion.
- One to two years of progressive financial analyst experience in real estate asset management, property management, development or related fields required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Real Estate or related field required.
- Experience in multi-family, affordable and senior housing strongly preferred.
- CPA preferred.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Experienced with property accounting software such as Yardi or equivalent preferred.
- Strong collaborative leadership and motivational abilities.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with wide range of people.
- Strong organizational skills and capable of meeting deadlines with a sense of urgency.
- Able to undertake multiple projects, manage shifting priorities, and handle a heavy workload.
- Has an entrepreneurial mindset – loves to be challenged, determined to win, puts clients and teammates first, collaborative, inquisitive, self-motivated.
- Has a high level of integrity – trusted, direct, truthful. Embodies confidence and admits mistakes.
Benefits & Perks
Our full-time employees are eligible for these benefits and perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance including health savings account
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Retirement savings
- Corporate holidays and PTO
- Free office lunches
- Monthly social outings
- Free stays in our properties guest suites
- Shorter Friday workdays during summer
Roers Companies is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check, and motor vehicle report.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?%2by1pS5HEbDWQjHPa%2fnGLhww