● Oversee daily operations of the accounting department.
● Responsible for monthly plant financial closing process, including cost accounting for inventory at
the mine and depot sites, and operating reports. Oversight and responsibility of financial
processes, including invoicing, cash collections, payroll, fixed assets, and calculating accrued
● Creation and maintenance of bill of materials to ensure proper costing of inventory.
● Preparation and / or review of monthly account reconciliations.
● Supervise staff (two direct reports) and delegate responsibilities to effectively accomplish the
department’s goals and objectives.
● Review, approve, and evaluate work to ensure quality, timeliness and adherence to policies and
● Maintain system of accounts and keep books and records on all transactions and assets.
● Interface with operating and shipping departments for accounting needs. Provide analytical
support to operations for evaluation of performance and operating decisions.
● Coordinate activities to ensure timeliness of monthly, quarterly and year-end accounting
reporting requirements, including coordination of the annual audit requirements specific to the
Lyons business unit.
● Assist in the preparation of the annual budget. Responsible for tracking of capital spend and
providing monthly reporting and variance explanations to the corporate accounting function.
● Provide other company facilities with related information required by them to carry out their
● Prepare, evaluate, and communicate on variances between actual results compared to prior year
and budgets to the management team on a monthly basis and throughout the month as required
- Oversee all plant accounting operations
- Provide financial analysis of plant operations
- Develop annual plant budget and monthly forecasts
- Directing plant/distribution accounting practices
- Explain monthly financial information for plant management
- Manage all cost accounting functions and manufacturing variance reporting
- Manage all financial and accounting functions for the plant
- Prepare and review monthly plant manufacturing statements on product conversion cost with plant leadership team
- Provide operational financial reporting, financial analysis and manufacturing cost analysis
- Manage operational financial reporting, financial analysis and manufacturing cost analysis
- Prepare weekly and monthly plant financial reports
- Prepare monthly plant production trend report for plant leadership team
- Perform financial and operations analysis of plant functions
- Maintain effective internal accounting controls over all plant assets
- Directing the accounting functions of the plant
- Completing annual operating budget for the plant in conjunction with plant management
- Manage plant accounting, including the monthly and annual closing process
- Oversee and manage all financial reporting and accounting functions at the plant
- Needing general accounting, cost accounting, inventory accounting, monthly financials, budgets
- Supply financial support and reporting to plant operations
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?UO46q7c3dMwKpkscVL5l4gk