A new tab will open
This position is responsible for visiting long term care facilities and assisting patients and physicians with optometry and podiatry care. Main duties include maintaining clinical records and charts through electronic medical records and care and cleaning of medical equipment.
Must be willing to drive within a 2 hour radius. Mileage reimbursement! No nights or weekends!!
Full time employees are eligible to participate in our benefits – health, dental, vision, life, disability, 401K and paid time off.
- Assist doctor with patient care in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Responsible for pretesting duties.
- Maintains current and accurate clinical records and charts though electronic medical records.
- Responsible for all care and cleaning of medical equipment.
- Responsible for clean-up of service area used in facility.
- Assist with patient transportation.
- Able to multitask, be detail oriented and demonstrate exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ensure a positive experience for our patients.
- Communicate effectively with all patients, family members, providers, faculty and staff.
- Provide timely responses to patient inquiries; document conversations in the EMR.
- Requires travel up to 100% of the time.
- Actively supports and complies with all components of the compliance program, including, but not limited to, completion of training and reporting of suspected violations of law and Company policy.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information; abides with HIPAA and PHI guidelines at all times.
- Reacts positively to change and performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Medical Assistant experience preferred.
- Must have own reliable transportation, good driving record and car insurance.
- Good computer skills and medical terminology experience required.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to follow directions and listen to the needs of patients and doctors.
Requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination. Requires standing, walking, pushing and stooping on a periodic basis. Frequent lifting requirements vary depending upon specialty division hired for. (Ophthalmology and Vision: less than 50 pounds. Podiatry: minimal lifting. Dental: 50 pounds or more.) Must be able to push patients in a wheelchair. Requires corrected vision and hearing to a normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours. Requires some exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids.
We will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
To Apply: Click Here