A new tab will open
If you are a nurse (RN) looking for a position where you can utilize AND grow your critical care experience, our Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) supporting a Level 1 Trauma Center may just be for the place for you to grow your career. If you have the passion and courage it takes to improve the health of the Valley and its residents, you can make a difference here, on the front lines.
We know that life goes on while you re working, so we re here to support you with competitive pay, excellent benefits, and unique perks like concierge services, and free membership to our fitness center with free personal training. We are dedicated to cultivating your career, and offer tuition and certification reimbursement programs, along with on-the-job training and professional growth opportunities.
We are currently offering a $7,500 Sign On Bonus at hire for candidates meeting specialty experience bonus requirements.
You will be supported with a robust unit orientation from a collaborative team that prides itself on their distinct culture. Your orientation will be tailored to your needs and includes:
- Essential time in both of our PACU locations; working in both phase 1 and phase 2 recovery,
- Robust intradepartmental preceptorship training which includes rotations within the Trauma, Medical, and Neuro ICUs, as well as our neonatal and pediatric ICUs,
- Working with experienced preceptors side by side; committed to your success and ready to help you.
Your PACU Career at Community | Opportunity. Challenge. Growth.
When you are working in either phase 1 caring for trauma and critical care patients, or phase 2 preparing for a discharge home, you will make a tremendous impact here. With 28 PACU bays covering both emergent trauma, as well as scheduled procedures, your day is anything but predictable. With a diverse patient population and the variety of care that we provide, you will be challenged to grow your skills and will be supported as you do.
In this role you will utilize the nursing process to identify patient needs for continuous assessment in the PACU. You will document and evaluate the effectiveness of nursing actions and ensure a safe environment of care. The PACU nurse is responsible and accountable for working with other departments to ensure continuity of care.
You will also be providing post-surgical education to patients, creating and maintaining a sterile and safe surgical environment for the patient and monitoring the patient s physical and emotional well-being throughout the surgical care continuum.
Monitoring patients for changes in status and indications of conditions such as sepsis or shock and institute appropriate interventions.
- Graduate of approved nursing program
Licensure, Registration, Certification
- Current California RN license
- Current BLS Certification
- ACLS Certification within 6 months of hire
- PALS Certification within 6 months of hire
- Minimum 1 2 years recent critical care experience (PACU, ICU, ED, Trauma, etc.)
- Ability to take On-Call during the week and some weekends
Contact Recruiter Whitney Avina at or text me at 559-###-####
Click HERE to learn more about our awesome benefits offerings as well!
Associated topics: care, ccu, coronary, intensive care, neonatal, nurse, nurse clinical, psychatric, staff nurse, surgery
To Apply: Click Here