Home is the foundation for everything in life. Since 1971, our model has been about supporting residents in finding stability and achieving their goals. It’s why we’re more than housing-we combine quality affordable homes with our on-site Advantage Services-because we believe that with the right support and opportunities, all people can thrive. Today, over 13,000 people-families, seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities and other barriers-call a CommonBond community “home.” Our core values are Respect, Integrity, Partnership, Innovation, and Excellence. We live these values and look for people who embody them to represent our organization in the community. If this sounds like you, please consider joining our team.
CommonBond Communities is excited to announce the search for a full-time Property Manager at our Florist Gardens property in Milwaukee, WI.
The Property Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of the site in order to provide a fiscally sound, well-maintained, and socially healthy apartment community. The Property Manager also provides leadership and guidance to the staff.
- Florist Gardens Apartments in Milwaukee offer recently renovated one- and two-bedroom apartments. Amenities include a computer lab, exercise facility, laundry on-site, off-street parking, and more. Close to bus line, bank, schools, clinics, parks, and shopping.
Why CommonBond Communities?:
- Work-life balance
- Competitive salary
- Employee referral program
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Employee recognition and rewards program
- A respectful and growth-oriented workplace
- A chance to make a difference in the community!
- Ongoing training and professional development
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ASSOCIATED TASKS
- Ensures compliance with state, federal and local laws.
- Complies with all city requirements and submit monthly reporting.
- Stays abreast of any changes in fair housing.
- Develops and maintains effective, professional relationship with residents, the community and owners/owner boards.
- Maintains customer service and excellent relations with residents, resident cooperatives, outside agencies and organizations.
- Walks property at regular intervals to ensure resident property rules are being followed and that the property is clean and orderly and in good maintenance condition
- Confers with maintenance technician concerning deferred maintenance, the operational budget, staff problems and overall maintenance related issues.
- Supervises, directs, trains and evaluates staff. Prepares yearly employee reviews
- Directs assistant manager in collections.
- Meets Company benchmarks for occupancy, rent collections and timely compliance paperwork.
- Operates property within budgeted income and expense guidelines.
- Obtains bids and supervises capital or contract service.
- Assists or prepares annual budget for the property.
- Reviews and codes all invoices for payment.
- Tracks and evaluates utility costs.
- Prints monthly reports concerning lease expiration dates and calculates rent increases.
- Enters all data into YARDI.
- Maintains accurate waiting list. Selects and screens new residents.
- Reports to regional manager and/or vice president of property management prior to hiring, terminating or making wage or position adjustments of on-site personnel. Authorizes staff payroll.
- Works on the last day and first day of each month until responsibilities completed.
- Leases apartments; implements and maintains effective advertising and marketing plan.
- Obtains bids and supervises capital or contract service.
- Meets all corporate designated deadlines.
- Implements staff, program and/or site improvements contained in budget and OPM.
- Implements procedures as outlined in the Red Book. (Emergency procedures manual)
- Supervises and purchases janitorial, maintenance and office supplies.
- Keeps regional manager informed on operational and financial details.
- Implements comprehensive marketing strategy to meet predetermined vacancy standards.
- Shows apartments.
- Prepares monthly newsletter for entire complex.
- Plans and coordinates resident activities.
- Plans and coordinates model apartments.
- Holds regular Crime Watch meetings.
Resident Services (for Core Site properties)
- Collaborate with residents to maintain lease compliance and housing stability
- Plan and coordinate community building opportunities for residents
- Provide essential supportive services to residents, including:
- Resources and referrals o Lease education
- Individualized assistance, as necessary
- Knowledge of government subsidy programs.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook and Excel.
- Two years experience in property management, leasing and staff supervision.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong marketing and leasing skills.
- Strong motivational skills.
- Ability to self-direct.
- Ability to manage multiple projects or tasks.
- Proficient office skills.
- Willingness to learn.
- Willingness to coordinate resident activities.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent collection skills.
- Proficient on the computer.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding and consistent use of YARDI software and EZ Labor.
- Excellent accounting skills.
- Typing speed of 40 to 50 wpm.
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
- Basic understanding of Affordable Housing Program.
- Basic knowledge of apartment maintenance and construction.
- Commitment to the property performance.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent two years experience in property management, business or real estate.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds
- Ability to sit for up to 8 hours at a time.
- Ability to type.
- Walking and stair climbing.
- Smoke-free work environment
- Quiet to moderate noise level.
- Overtime as necessary.
- Showing apartments or walking property in adverse weather conditions.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?T12RbNODRamcRV%2fXZZvfxAt