United States of America Location:
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52 USA Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Collins Aerospace is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies- Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
We are currently searching for a Hardware Software Test Development Engineer to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
As a Hardware Software Test Development Engineer in Collins Aerospace Test Engineering you will join project execution teams. Here you will be given hardware and/or software tasks developing product tests for a variety of Collins Aerospace products. If you don’t want to be limited to only hardware or software engineering this position is for you, as knowledge of both are essential to this position. Collins Aerospace takes pride in developing great talent so each new hire will be assigned a mentor to help support learning and development.
The primary responsibility for this position is to develop and sustain manufacturing and service test solutions for Collins Aerospace and Defense products. The engineer who fills this position will develop strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills. This position will heavily utilize hardware and software development and debug skills on multi-rack test stations used to test Collins Aerospace products. These test stations may include but are not limited by the following test equipment: Digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers, power supplies and electronic loads. This position will also support development of thermal and vibration test equipment and software suites for environmental stress and screening requirements of Collins Aerospace products.
· Review product designs and create test solutions that maximize test coverage in the manufacturing and service environments.
· Capture, analyze, decompose and translate requirements for production test solutions.
· Design, test, integrate and document production test solutions of moderate to high complexity.
· Lead the assigned projects to achieve quality solutions under moderate or indirect supervision.
· Coach and train junior members of the team.
· Responsible for adherence to defined processes, project cost and schedule requirements.
· Prepare and present project / technical information to peers, internal management and customers.
· Highly motivated and possess effective oral/written communication and interpersonal/team skills.
· Knowledge of additional programming languages, C/C++/C#, are a plus.
· Excellent time management skills – ability to multitask and delegate work to support technicians, engineering project assistants and peers.
· Ability to reverse engineer existing equipment (i.e. documenting something that is already built)
· Design and implement activities required to deploy the project test solutions to world-wide destinations.
- Link 16 datalink experience is a plus.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.
- US Citizenship is required. Candidate must have the ability to obtain a US DoD Security Clearance
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick – Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?sAbWxt0qRksTfcW53ZaFPAm