A new tab will open
Resident Care Associate Position Summary:
Provides direct personal care and supervision to the residents at the community, following each individualized service plan. Promotes resident well- being and satisfaction through support with activities of daily living. Communicates with other departments to ensure resident needs are met.
Benefits offered Example:
- Paid time off
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance for full-time employees
- Retirement plan options 401k
- FT/PT and on call shifts available
- Paid HCA Training
- Free parking, meals, and a great team!
Responsibilities of the Resident Care Associate:
- Assist with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, transferring following community protocol, licensing regulation and guidelines for both resident and employee safety, to and from activities and meals, according to their individual service plan.
- Follow safety guidelines in the community, including proper lifting technique and universal precautions when providing care to the residents.
- Adhere to the schedule of duties for the Caregiver, as well as the individual plan of care for each resident, this includes meal delivery and set up in their apartment when needed.
- Monitor resident activity, food intake, functional status, psychosocial status, taking action as required to promote resident well-being.
- Report status change immediately to the supervisor.
- Act immediately on any resident crisis, following protocol and basic first aid training.
- Document resident status change, including but not limited to, physical change, reaction to medication, psychosocial status change.
- In the event that all assigned duties cannot be completed, ask for assistance and report to the personal care coordinator.
- Any other assignments made by your direct supervisor or administrator.
- Promote open communication between health care professionals, families, residents and staff.
- May assist residents with medications as defined in the medication procedure (per state specific regulations regarding medication assistance.)
- Follow proper procedures in emergency situations and responds promptly and positively to resident request for assistance-including emergency pull cords, telephone calls, and requests from family and friends. 13. Adhere to guidelines in the employee handbook including dress code, conduct, scheduling, etc.
- Ability to follow written or verbal instructions.
- Ability to write and communicate certain correspondence.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or (GED);
- Six months to one-year related experience preferred and/or training in direct care services with older adults, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of dementia and Alzheimer’s is a plus, may also require special certification per state regulations.
COGIR Management USA delivered the Happy Living brand by listening attentively to the needs of American seniors, their families, and our employees.
Every Happy Living community is a unique and dynamic place, shaped by the residents themselves and led by an empowered on-site executive team. We promote local leadership so decisions are made on-site, quickly, and in the best interests of the community. We are proud of our teams.
Successful candidates must be able to pass a background check, pre-employment TB and Physical if hired.
To Apply: Click Here