The Court Administrator functions as the administrative arm of the Superior Court and manages programs, employees, budget, technology, and special projects, and provides administrative support to the judges. FLSA Status: A
ESSENTIAL CLASS FUNCTIONS :
- Responsible for all administrative and executive operations for the Court . Should take ownership and control of the Court operations and responsibility for the Court’s business.
- Responsible for the non- judicial side that keeps the Court functioning.
- Must be on top of what other Courts and departments are doing, know what things should be available to the Superior Court .
- Ensure the Court functions and runs smoothly by making sure courtroom equipment is functional and customer service areas are clean and flowing smoothly.
- Listen to problems and concerns to assist with staffing decisions.
- Think of suggestions, solutions , running numbers, updating budget requests. Final decisions will be by the Judicial Council , but will be prepared with information, ideas, and statics to address issues in the Court.
- Will attend BOC meetings and work sessions, technology meetings, and some training meetings.
- Be forward thinking and able to add value to the Court and to the Judges.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal, state and local rules, regulations, ordinance, and other regulatory standards applicable to the work.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices applied to the organization, management, and administration of court procedures and services.
- Knowledge of the body of available and current information resources applicable to the functions for technical research purposes and for special projects as may be assigned.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of budget development and administration, and the challenges associated with administering multiple budget resources areas.
- Knowledge of personnel management, directly or through subordinate supervision, federal labor laws, and human resources practices and procedures, and programs.
- Executive-level interpersonal, leadership, planning, management and communication skills; ability to communicate professionally, verbally, in writing, and in presentations.
- Intermediate level business mathematics, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and decimals.
- Skills in researching, compiling, and summarizing statistical data and information materials.
- Skill in developing, writing, disseminating, communicating and implementing policies and procedures.
- Ability to interpret rules, regulations, and policies for effective decision-making in accordance with established precedent.
- Ability to utilize personal computers, standard office equipment and standard software applications, e.g., word processors, database software, spread sheet applications.
- Ability to plan, assign, direct and review the work of others in a manner conducive to full performance and compliance with established policies, procedures and regulatory standards applicable to the work.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and communications with co-workers, internal/external customers, department management and the public.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents, operation and maintenance instructions, and policy and procedure manuals.
- Ability to organize work, establish priories, meet established deadlines, and follow up on assignments with a minimum of direction.
Bachelor’s degree in Public or Business Administration or related field supplemented by five years professional managerial responsibility in court services functions with budgetary, policy, and procedural administration responsibilities and accountability or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and lift and/or move up to 10 to 20 pounds. While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is rarely exposed to disagreeable environmental factors.
CLOSING DATE: OCTOBER 7, 2020
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?cVIpS4%2fJvwP9ogx4cbB0uQd