Req No. 2
We are seeking a talented Senior Security Engineer who has worked wtih Google Cloud technologies, have a deep technical background, substantial hands-on experience, and passion for information security along with a desire to champion best practices. This role is responsible for performing all engineering functions required to support day-to-day data security operations, including supporting and maintaining a broad suite of information security infrastructure. This role is required to participate in the planning, design, installation, and maintenance of security systems in support of confidentiality, integrity, and availability. This role is accountable for reviewing security configurations on systems and networking infrastructure components, providing guidance on availability and integrity, and monitoring compliance with regulatory requirements, and security standards. This role is instrumental in the assessment of technology risk and in addressing security issues, coordinating and executing remediation activities alongside technology partners across the organization.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Design, document and deploy cyber security systems that will be used across the environment.
- Develop and carry out information security plans and policies.
- Provide design validation and troubleshooting for new technology and major changes within the environment.
- Define, document and enforce standards, processes, procedures, and workflows within the team to better streamline the group as a whole.
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data residing on or transmitted to/from/through the enterprise networks.
- Participate in defining best of class security practices for enterprise networks providing high-volume financial services transactions.
- Participate in maintenance windows where applicable.
- Collaborate with other technology groups and technology architects on product strategy discussions.
- Partner with the Cybersecurity Operations team to improve tool usage and workflow in maturation of monitoring and response capabilities.
- Develop or implement open-source/third-party tools to assist in detection, prevention and analysis of security threats.
- On-call resource for Incident Response and operational functions.
- Researches, develops, and keeps abreast of tools, techniques and process improvements in support of cybersecurity threats and countermeasures. Maintain working knowledge of advanced threat detection as the industry evolves.
- Actively engages in the performance of Incident Response activities, including but not limited to, triage, escalation, conducting post-mortem and lessons learned review meetings, as well as remediation tracking.
- Leverage knowledge in multiple security disciplines, such as Windows, UNIX, Linux, data loss prevention (DLP), file integrity monitoring (FIM), endpoint controls, databases, wireless security, data networking and encryption, to offer solutions for a complex heterogeneous environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/related field or 5+ years equivalent work experience in Cybersecurity.
- 7 or more years of IT technical experience with 5+ years’ broad-based experience in security engineering.
- Specialized expertise in Google Cloud secruity is required.
- Minimum, 5+ years of security engineering experience in mid to large IT organization.
- Knowledge of PCI-DSS 3.2 is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with SIEM deployment and log management.
- 5+ years of hands on and progressive information security design and implementation experience in a security engineering role preferred.
- Exceptional planning, organization, communication, presentation, multi-tasking, prioritization, documentation, and business analysis skills.
- Ability to work independently in addition to working closely in a team environment.
- Experience with network, server, and appliance secure configuration (hardening) using frameworks such as CIS, DISA, and NIST.
- Experience with Identity and Access Management (IdAM) solutions. Experience with Privileged Identity/Access Management (PIM/PAM), a plus.
- Excellent hands-on experience with firewalls (perimeter and web application). F5 ASM experienced preferred.
- Excellent experience and knowledge of TCP/IP protocols, network/packet analysis and intrusion detection/prevention.
- Excellent experience and knowledge of Data Loss Prevention (DLP) solutions.
- Excellent experience and knowledge of Azure security controls, including InTune, MDM, MAM, and Autopilot.
- Advanced experience with Anti-virus/Anti-malware products, and endpoint security control solutions, and URL filtering.
- Advanced experience with Vulnerability Management solutions.
- Advanced experience with scripting languages – PowerShell, Bash, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and assess security patch and service pack releases and their associated impact, as well as an understanding of patch management systems.
- Experience working with a variety of security-related platforms and services, including: SIEM systems, Threat Intelligence platforms, Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR) solutions, Encryption technologies, File Integrity Monitoring (FIM), and other network and system monitoring tools.
- Experience troubleshooting security control related technologies and solutions.
- Experience with Public Key Cryptography (PKI) and deep understanding and knowledge of cryptography.
- Experience with NIST 800-53, NIST CSF, IS 27001, PCI-DSS and SOC standards. FFIEC, NCUA, GLBA a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of security best practices and procedures.
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to provide support in resolving IT security or related product issues as required.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
- The ability to interpret technical needs and provide thorough and complete support.
- Demonstrates highly effective verbal/written communication skills with the ability to facilitate meetings, and influence.
- Has an excellent attention to detail, highly analytical and problem-solving mindset. Able to identify process improvement opportunities, separate key issues, consider alternatives or multiple solutions, and effectively make recommendations.
- Experience in managing change in a fast paced, complex environment.
- Knowledge of ITIL best practices.
- Preferred security-related certifications (e.g. SSCP, ISSEP, ISSAP, CCSP, CCNP, MCSE, C|EH, OSCP, OSWE, GWEB, GPEN, CFCE, CHFI).
- CISSP required.
- PMP a plus.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP’s commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits – Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits – medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?A0l5CHU%2fIy7w1zZ9sPgDRQq