Under direct supervision, works closely with mortgage loan officers, loan origination sources, Mortgage Processing Specialist, and title company/Closing Agent to gather and prepare all documents needed to satisfy closing requirements.
Description of Duties, Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Monitors the Closing Analysis Report to ensure preliminary Closing Disclosures are sent out to the borrower in a timely manner.
Coordinates a closing date with the title company/Closing agent.
- Reviews and clears any outstanding prior to closing/funding conditions. Performs final verification processes regarding insurance and employment.
- Draws and releases closing documents to the designated Closing Agent. Reviews all closing documents for any errors to insure the loan will be funded. Sends the closing package to Title Company and notifies the loan officer of final figures.
- Balance final funding figures with the closing agent and request the wire of to be sent. Pays all applicable upfront fees including mortgagee insurance, VA funding and UFMIP.
- To maintain regular contact with the Mortgage Operations Manager regarding the status of loans in closing, guidance on Department compliance and customer service issues, Department work process changes and status of assigned projects.
- To respond to customer (internal/external) questions in a timely, professional and efficient manner regarding all loan related issues.
- To close loans according to prescribed departmental procedures.
- To order required services in a timely and efficient manner.
- To maintain regular communication with each respective lender for whom documents are being prepared to advise them on the status to completion or obtain clarification on any incomplete loan information needed.
- To interact with System’s support personnel to resolve technical loan operation’s questions, as needed.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- Two to five years’ experience in a mortgage lending environment. Six or more months of mortgage banking closing experience with USDA/FHA/VA/FNMA/FHLMC required.
- High School diploma/G.E.D. Associates degree a plus.
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion and which may be of a sensitive or personal nature.
- Working knowledge of Encompass Software System preferred.
- Good Working knowledge of banking industry practices relative to bank loan operations with respect to mortgage loan products, services, policies and procedures as required for the job;
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office) with accurate data entry skills and strong level of skill working with spreadsheets (creating formulas) and ability to navigate key industry specific Internet sites.
- A high level of initiative, thoroughness, and accuracy with good organizational skills required. Must be detail oriented.
- Solid communication and organizational skills with focus on teamwork and cooperation.
- Ability to work under deadlines with frequent interruption; ability to balance multiple projects/activities with varying deadlines.
- Confidentiality required.
- Work involves eye strain due to the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, alphabetizing and filing.
- Work involves sitting, standing, moving, lifting, reading, writing, speaking, communicating.
- Work involves the ability to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions.
- Work involves lifting and moving loan files of up to 30 lbs.
This Position Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision:
Equal Opportunity Employer EEOC M/F/D/V
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?jn7eaPLiUPT79YbwfrC9xQf