Under supervision, the Credit Analyst will conduct credit investigations, prepares and interprets financial statements for detailed spreading, and analyzes routine credit information pertaining to Commercial Loan Requests and Loan Reviews Prepares reports and information for management and Loan Committees; furnishes information in relation to credit inquiries; provides assistance to commercial loan officers as request.
Description of Duties, Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Investigating all available sources of credit and financial information, including reporting services, credit bureaus, other companies, bank references, and in-house credit information.
- Spreading and analyzing financial statements and related material using the appropriate software programs.
- Under supervision, preparing summaries, presenting facts, and offering opinions concerning credit worthiness.
- Summarize conclusions in Loan Presentations and Loan Reviews.
- Conduct analysis of the market (customers) and industry (competition, suppliers, and potential new entrants) and management teams.
- Assist with special projects and reporting assignments in Credit Administration.
- Know and understand Bank/Credit policies and procedures.
- To provide computer support, including data entry, in the maintenance of the loan analysis systems.
- Understand new and pending laws and regulations that affects the organization’s credit practices.
- Participate in the ongoing development of commercial credit policies and procedures that safeguard the Bank
- To provide and maintain reporting requirements on Bank customers’ credit obligations.
- Recommend risk grade changes.
- Complete Loan Reviews as directed by Lead Loan Review Analyst or Credit Administration Manager.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- One to Three years of commercial credit and lending experience.
- Business, finance, accounting major preferred, other majors with a business minor also acceptable; or equivalent experience.
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities becomes necessary.
- Knowledge of banking industry practices relative to commercial banking.
- High level of analytical ability
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills; ability to maintain confidentiality of information, as appropriate.
- Understanding of the components of financial statements and personal/corporate tax returns.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, etc.) and financial statement spreading software is required.
- A high level of initiative, thoroughness, accuracy and organizational skills required.
- Detail oriented with effective judgment and time management.
- Work involves eye strain due to the frequent use of computer screens, reading of reports, entering information into a spreadsheet, and so forth.
- Work involves sitting the majority of the day.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions
- Work involves lifting and moving loan files of up to 15 lbs.
- Work involves some travel, independently and with loan officers, to consult on financial loan information, training, meetings and so forth.
This Position Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to the position at any time
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision: Equal Opportunity Employer EEOC M/F/D/V