Because patients should have the essential medicines they need when they need them. As a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial, nonprofit generic drug company created by hospital systems and philanthropies, Civica’s mission is to reduce and prevent drug shortages while assuring quality generic medicines are accessible and affordable to everyone.
Because the United States experiences chronic shortages of essential generic medicines used daily in hospitals, we are building a state-of-the-art sterile injectable manufacturing facility to combat these shortages. This new facility is part of our broad strategy to stabilize the supply of generic medicines for emergency rooms, surgeries, COVID-19 patient care, and an array of other serious conditions.
WHO CIVICA SERVES
While serving 50 health systems and 1,350 hospitals (or 30% of all licensed U.S. hospital beds), Civica also supplies the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, the U.S. Department of Defense, and “340B” hospitals caring for vulnerable patients in some of the country’s most underserved areas. And recently, Civica contributed more than 2-million vials of essential medications to the strategic national stockpile.
With 40 sterile injectable medications under contract to supply our member hospitals, Civica is growing and on track to have 100 drugs under contract by 2023.
As we continue to grow, we have many exciting opportunities for multiple types of roles and with opportunity to progress YOUR career.
The Director of Finance is an integral part of the Civica, Inc. (“Civica”) leadership team in establishing and building the Petersburg, Virginia site (just outside of Richmond) leading to the qualification and FDA approval of Civica’s fill finish manufacturing site for essential generic sterile injectable medicines. This position will be the financial partner of site head and key managers at the manufacturing facility, provide financial planning and support to management, assist in their decision making, establish financial targets, manage and track overall performance of site. This position will also be a key partner to the Civica Rx CFO (and the finance team) and will manage the site’s accounting compliance and monthly closing process, cost of goods reporting, capital expenditures & inventory tracking.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Defines and leads financial and operations target setting for the site. Manages the budget and quarterly forecast process, Develops and tracks key site metrics. Provides financial modeling and support for significant site projects.
- Manages finances and accounting for the overall site project and is key liaison with Phlow and BARDA for site presentations and billings. Works closely with BDO and Phlow in review of expenses and ensuring compliance with FAR and other regulations.
- Responsible for implementation and maintenance of the ERP system for the site.
- Manages financial sustainability for the site – Leads establishment of Management Controls and Reporting Systems for proactive reporting to site leaders and to CFO for supporting the site towards achievement of goals.
- Manages internal and external audits for the site.
- Manages state tax incentive grants and provides timely and accurate reports to external stakeholders including Phlow/BARDA and VEDP.
- Manage the coordination of all processes with the cost center managers to ensure quality, consistency, and optimal allocation of financial resources across the site.
- Defines and runs financial performance monitoring for the site to include latest estimates, latest outlook, deviation analysis, and risk assessment to build recommendation and follow up on corrective actions.
- Develop performance measurement tools, improve systems/processes and assist with the best utilization of resources (people, capital, assets, etc).
- Ensure communication and alignment of the site’s planning calendar with the Corporate planning Calendar.
- Implementation of continuous planning cycle process improvements for the budget, forecasts and estimates.
- Proactive – Looks ahead. Plans budgets and estimates. Assesses Risk and manages performance and risk. Analyzes actual vs. budget /estimates. Supports and guides management decision making process. Proposes actions to achieve targets and follows up on implementation.
- Analytical Thinking – ability to provide actionable financial support and analysis for significant site projects, 3 rd party contracts, capital expenditures, etc…..
- Transparency and accuracy in accounting reports
- Compliance with all relevant regulations
- Communication Skills – Strong executive level communication skills
- Business Understanding / Team player – Partner with site head to ensure coordinated approach in achieving operational and financial goals. Understand key business performance drivers and how value gets created.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting/Finance
- MBA and/or CPA or extensive cost accounting experience strongly preferred
- Minimum of 10+ years experience in cost accounting and operation planning and analysis.
- Previous experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech environment a plus
Salary DOE. Excellent benefits.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?pPlOwfK%2fiLvpTk9O3SS%2fUgo