The City of Bridgeport, acting through its Department of Health and Social Services, seeks to retain the services of a Public Health Consultant to examine the efficiency and structure of the organization and to deliver and recommend strategic and operational methods of improvement within our Department of Health.
This individual will also provide interim guidance and support with health-related responses, emergency and operations related to the SARS CoV-2 (COVID-19) pandemic.
Contract Period and Form of Engagement:
Pursuant to this contracted position, the City anticipates an engagement with one individual, of up to six (6) months or longer in duration. Compensation is set @ $45/hour x 20 hours/week x 26 weeks for a total of $23,400. The contract would be generated by the Office of the City Attorney and take the City’s desired form.
Please mail or email a resume and cover letter to the Office of Human Resources, Room 104, 45 Lyon Terrace, Bridgeport, CT 06604 and/or to . Submissions will be accepted until contracted position is filled (Any/all changes to this deadline shall be at the discretion of the City of Bridgeport).
Scope of Contractual Services:
• Serve as a Senior Advisor on health-related matters, including the SARS CoV-2 (COVID-19) pandemic, by evaluating health departmental programs, projects and procedures.
• Support and coordinate work related to contract deliverables outlined in various grants including Per Capita, Epidemiology Laboratory Capacity, Community Health Foundation, etc.
• Interpret guidance documents released by federal and state agencies, including the CDC, Connecticut Department of Public Health, and Department of Economic and Community Development as needed.
• Draft letters to various stakeholders or partners related to public health advocacy as needed.
• Provide technical advice and assistance to community agencies and various other organizations.
• Coordinate epidemiological surveillance for infectious and chronic disease programs such as, COVID-19, STD, TB, Respiratory Disease and Hepatitis.
• Synergize the efforts of the COVID-19 contact tracing integration with the State of CT contact tracing and community outreach.
• Conduct studies and analyses as requested by the CAO and the Deputy Director of Health related to public health and strengthen the activities for COVID-19 response throughout the City and State.
• Provide counsel to the CAO and Deputy Health Director of Public Health regarding operations, maintenance of programs through subordinate supervisors with assigned responsibility for specific aspects of Health and the COVID19 pandemic.
• Research and analyze health issues, affected populations, health education theory, and best practices for effective program strategies and interventions.
• Conduct qualitative and quantitative evaluations and recommend improvements in the department.
• Support various project efforts in Bridgeport including, but not limited to, emergency planning, mitigation planning, public health/COVID-19 planning/response plans.
Minimum Qualifications Requirements:
• A Bachelor’s Degree, though a master’s degree is generally preferred. Certification or Master’s Degree in Public Health is a plus but not required.
• Extensive experience and knowledge with consulting and administrative work in large public or private sector public health administration, policies and practices is a plus. • Must be self-motivated and work independently with no supervision.
• This individual must have successfully demonstrated the ability to drive quantifiable results in business performance transformation.
• Strong analytical, written and communication skills and organizational skills that demonstrates a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Knowledge of Municipal general operations of government and techniques of public administration is a plus.
• Knowledge and understanding of state public health laws and regulations and their application at the local level.
• Ability to analyze, interpret and explain proposed municipal programs in terms of their implications and impacts on City programs.
The City of Bridgeport is located in Fairfield County at the mouth of the Pequonnock River on Long Island Sound. It is boarded by the towns of Trumbull to the north, Fairfield to the west, and Stratford to the east; with an approximate population of 147,000, 50,367 households, and a population density of 9,226 residents per square mile. The City has a Mayor-City Council form of government. The City’s Mayor is the chief executive officer of the City and serves four-year term(s). The City Council, which acts as the City’s legislative body, consists of twenty (20) members elected for two-year terms.
“As these are contract positions that will be governed by a contract and not employment provisions, the City remains an equal opportunity employer and all submissions will be considered on an equal opportunity basis.”
An Equal Opportunity Employer MF/AA/DIS
For further information and contact:
CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION OFFICE
45 LYON TERRACE, ROOM #104
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?ClHc5OEqhJMcXCslU0aUCwh