Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally. .
The Boston branch is an exciting and dynamic place for individuals who are seeking career opportunity and advancement. The Commercial Insurance team has an opening for an Underwriter to join our Energy Practice (salary and title commensurate with experience level). This is a high-impact role that is focused on growing a Property and Casualty book comprised of Package, Automobile, Pollution, Workers’ Compensation, Umbrella and International. Multi-line experience is encouraged.
The Underwriter with Chubb’s Energy department will manage approximately a $5-7 million book of business in their assigned territory. The Undewriter must develop book growth, maintain superior internal and external relationships and implement effective and profitable pricing strategies.
This individual will also have accountability for the financial performance of this book of business, achieving growth for the branch. We are seeking someone who will identify opportunities for growth within new and existing production sources, identify cross sell opportunities, conduct agency planning/goal setting and make regular broker and insured visits based on monthly goals.
The position will reside in Boston and will report into the Boston Energy Underwriting Manager. The territory/brokerage distribution for this position would be the Northeast region.
Demonstration of the following skills and abilities:
- Strong sales and marketing skills along with the ability to position accounts and close deals.
- Demonstrated success in marketing, producer/book management and new business development.
- Ability to successfully negotiate on all levels with both internal and external partners and nurture key producer relations.
- High proficiency with the underwriting process and risk analysis.
- Effective desk management.
- Exemplary ability to effectively interact with customers and coworkers at all levels.
- Knowledge and proficiency with underwriting technical issues, compliance, coverage, products, pricing & strategies.
- Results orientation, entrepreneurial spirit, business acumen, self-motivation and strong ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Responsible for the professional development, retention, and performance assessment of team members.
– 2-5 years underwriting experience within the Energy industry and/or commercial experience with a desire to specialize in the Energy sectors of Power Generation, Petroleum, and Mining
– Experience with multiple lines of insurance
– Bachelor’s degree
– Knowledge of insurance industry
– Knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, and procedures
– Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
– Internet usage
– Oral and written communication skills
– Negotiation skills
– Marketing skills
– Basic leadership skills.
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?KTp74skQKYKCI8y7Xn80oQl