At CHI Living Communities, we believe a job should be more than simply a means of earning a living. It should be a learning experience, a path to personal growth, and most importantly, a way of putting faith into action.
All full- and part-time employees are eligible for our competitive wage scales, PTO cash out, pay on demand, free CEUs through Relias Learning, tuition reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan with a company match and annual contribution. Full-time employees are additionally eligible for medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance.
Business Office Manager
Under New Leadership
St. Clare Commons is a Faith-Based Healthcare Campus providing care in a beautiful setting. We are seeking qualified candidates who are skilled in caring, communication & critical thinking for our Assisted Living, Memory Care, and Skilled Nursing facility.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer offering medical, dental, vision, 401k and other benefits including PTO accrual.
Essential Job Specific Duties/Responsibilities
- Produces timely and accurate financial statements.
- Gathers data, and enters journal entries.
- Compiles documentation of fixed assets purchased, and correctly classifies and assigns depreciable lives.
- Balances accounts.
- Ensures accounts payable and accounts receivable balance with computer generated aging.
- Helps with accounts payable and accounts receivable to ensure timely posting.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts to ensure the accuracy of the balance.
- Reconciles all monthly bank accounts.
- Reconciles all other balance sheet accounts quarterly.
- Supervises resident billing and assists with employee payroll.
- Maintains responsibility for the investment entries.
- Tracks Medicare and Medicaid applications, daily resident census, and payer changes.
- Inputs new resident information into the Financial Information System.
- Assists in the writing, changing, and implementation of policies.
- Oversees and assists finance and accounting practices.
- Maintains responsible for backup schedules for facility’s general ledger.
- Completes daily tracking of cash balances with appropriate backup.
- Monitors accounts receivable and works with billers on collections.
- Manages and maintains long-term care insurance, resident funds, petty cash, and Medline billing.
- Coordinates and prepares audit work papers for annual audit.
- Tracks sales daily, ensuring any applicable membership lists are updated and billing of renewal memberships are accurate.
- Coordinates and prepares annual budgets and five year strategic plans for the Senior Housing Residence.
- Monitors accounts payable entries to ensure charges to proper accounts.
- Verifies coding of invoices to correct amounts.
- Works with department heads to research variances.
- Serves as the System Administrator for computerized billing and general ledger system.
- Performs system investigation when problems arise to try to solve before calling Finance information system technical support.
- Contacts Finance Information System technical support if there are system problems.
- Adds and deletes general ledger accounts, accounts receivable items, and operator access code as needed.
- Prepares miscellaneous financial and statistical analysis as requested.
- Researches questions from department heads about income and expense items for their department.
- Assists with resident inquiries on billing.
- Prepares various monthly and quarterly reports as required.
- Generates monthly income statements by area with general and administrative cost allocation.
- Maintains a working knowledge of accounting issues and regulatory requirements relating to long-term care and not-for-profit entities.
- Prepares the 990 form.
- Accounts for operating and benevolent investments, monitors compliance to investment policies, and helps formulating new investment policies as needed.
- Formulates and updates financial policies and procedures as necessary.
- Satisfies all educational in-service requirements mandated by CHI Living Communities, the department, external accrediting, and regulatory agencies.
- Attends all mandatory in-service programs.
- Adheres to facility policies and procedures.
- Completes yearly online education program by deadline.
- Attends employee meetings on a regular basis.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?KsyRQGaw%2bPGd3xnpgS5Uawj