The Unarmed Guard is primarily responsible to perform protective service work such as guarding government owned or leased buildings and property, protecting government equipment and material, and controlling access to government installations by employees and visitors. The Guard will respond to emergencies, enforce government regulations, and conduct crowd, parking, & traffic control, inspections, and perimeter & internal access control. The Guard does not act in the capacity of a law enforcement officer, and has no arrest or apprehension powers.
- Required to follow all company personnel and safety policies, and perform all assigned duties in a safe work manner.
- Will arrive at work in proper uniform and carrying needed, issued equipment.
- Will carry out general and special orders for post assigned.
- Will communicate via radio, telephone and orally according to orders.
- Required to interact and escort as required with public and government personnel.
- Will be responsible for cleanliness of uniform and equipment assigned.
- Meet, greet and interact professionally with employees, VIPs, and the general public
- Maintain poise and self-control under stress.
- Construct and write clear, concise, accurate, and detailed reports in English.
- Read, speak, understand, and apply printed rules, detailed orders, instructions, and training materials in English.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to include weekends and holidays.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Prior military, civilian, or security guard experience preferred.
- Honorably discharged (If Applicable)
- Successfully completed all training and have obtained all required permits, licenses, certifications and security clearances for the site.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a DHS T2 security clearance.
- Must speak, read, write, and understand the English language, apply written rules, detailed orders, instructions and training material.
- Have or be able to obtain Unarmed Security Guard License, as may be required by a state.
- Have no record or history of illegal drug use, sale, possession, or manufacture during the previous five years.
- Have no felony convictions and no convictions that reflect on the individual’s reliability including those crimes classified under the Lautenburg Act.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Prioritize and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to question activities and issues in all functional areas and make sound business decisions based on that data.
- Skill in operating a personal computer and standard office equipment.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), and Outlook
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?1UCFofWBduc7kDPOTN%2b0FQs