The Shift Supervisor (SS) has full authority and responsibility for assuring performance objectives and standards identified in the contract are met for the Artesia location during their respective shift. The SS is responsible for exercising leadership, maintaining high morale, and directing the performance of all security personnel assigned to their shift. The SS will communicate with the Site Project Manager, Site Training Manager and all Security Officers assigned to their shift, to ensure all training and certifications requirements are met for all personnel assigned to their shift, and operational issues that are systemic across the contract or specific to their site. The SS must to administer services for site specific day to day services described in the contract specifications, direct patrol actions, oversee response to calls, incidents and complaints, and rectify the causes of the complaints.
- Required to follow all company personnel and safety policies, and perform all assigned duties in a safe work manner.
- Administers instructions to security personnel assigned to the site and assures that all officers are familiar with the facility and their duties.
- Will promptly notify the chain-of-command of all unusual, emergency, and/or significant situations/factors concerning security personnel at the site.
- Will verify that all officers receive and understand new, changed, or special instructions.
- Conduct investigations into security matters and report findings to chain-of-command and the client.
- Is accountable for the proper use and maintenance of all equipment used at all sites by assigned officers.
- Will accurately maintain all field file records of employees assigned to the site. These records may include, but are not limited to, time and attendance, disciplinary actions, promotions, demotions, commendations, status/payroll change reports.
- Manages the staffing of posts at the site in order to ensure complete coverage. This includes, but is not limited to, coverage for vacations, illness, and call-offs.
- Will review and ensure clarity, completeness, accuracy, and legibility of all written reports, timesheets, & logbook entries.
- Keeps post orders & operations manual accurate and up-to-date.
- Takes charge and directs security personnel in any unusual or emergency situations requiring immediate and necessary action.
- Maintains daily liaisons with contract officials to ensure the terms of the contract are being met to the client’s satisfaction and expectation.
- Has complete authority over assigned personnel to ensure the accomplishment of quality work.
- Serve as a Site Trainer on as needed basis.
- May be required to work other than normal duty hours, which may include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in law enforcement or a security related area.
- Must be previously fully commissioned by an accredited law enforcement agency or possess a Diploma or Certificate as a graduate of a Federal, State, local or military service approved/recognized basic law enforcement or a physical security academy.
- Minimum of one (1) year of specialized experience directly related to the work performed in physical security or law enforcement.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must meet or exceed the Minimum Medical and Physical Standards for an Armed Security Officers outlined in Interagency Security Committee, Best Practices for Armed Security Officers in Federal Facilities, Appendix B: (April 2013, 2nd Edition).
- Must satisfactorily complete a contract required annual Physical Agility Testing (PAT) consisting of: able to exhibit full range of motion, able to easily get down to and up from a kneeling position, lift 40 pounds minimum from floor to waist, able to bench press at least 40 percent of his or her body weight, able to perform sit-ups and push-ups continuously for at least 30 seconds, and complete a 1.5 mile run within time based on their age/gender group.
- Must satisfactorily qualify with a 9 mm semi-auto pistol handgun and M4 semi-automatic rifle, and shotgun qualification course administered by the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) quarterly.
- Must complete and successfully pass the FLETC Active Shooter Threat Training Program (ASTTP).
- Must satisfactorily pass initial and random drug testing.
- Must satisfactorily pass initial psychological testing.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire, including a background check to determine if applicant has been convicted of “Crimes Against Household Member” or any “Domestic Violence Act,” and who would be in violation of Federal Law, State Law or the Lautenberg Amendment, and therefore shall not be eligible for employment. Must satisfactorily pass initial psychological testing
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?M36wRmTx3%2fYawdylwjs7GQb