The Armed Security Guard (ASG) is primarily responsible to perform protective service work such as guarding government owned or leased buildings and property, protecting government equipment and material, and controlling access to government installations by employees, visitors, and residents. The ASG will respond to emergencies, enforce government regulations, and conduct crowd, parking, and traffic control, inspections, and perimeter and internal access control. The ASG does not act in the capacity of a law enforcement officer, and has no arrest or apprehension powers. The ASG is armed with a side arm, shotgun, or other weapons as required.
- Required to follow all company personnel and safety policies, and perform all assigned duties in a safe work manner.
- Will arrive at work in proper uniform and carrying needed, issued equipment
- Will be required to exercise force up to and including deadly force
- Will participate in Guard Mount, receive assigned post, and copy any extra instructions.
- Will carry out general and special orders for post assigned
- Will communicate via radio, telephone and orally according to orders
- Required to interact and escort as required with public and government personnel.
- Will provide access control, traffic control and conduct walking and motorized armed security functions
- Will be responsible for cleanliness of uniform and equipment assigned.
- Will follow applicable standard operating procedures and government regulations pertaining to security of weapons, buildings, personnel, government property and equipment.
- Will conduct personnel, vehicular, building, & facility checks and package & parcel inspection
- Must be able to work flexible hours to include weekends and holidays.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Experience preferably with a civilian police force, military police force, or civilian security guard organization.
- Successfully completed all training and have obtained all required permits, licenses, certifications and security clearances for the site.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must speak, read, write, and understand the English language, apply written rules, detailed orders, instructions and training material.
- Must possess, or be able to secure a Position of Trust security clearance as required by the installation.
- Must have or be able to obtain current State armed Security Officer Registration.
- Be able to obtain Armed Security Guard License, as may be required by a state.
- Be able to obtain Unarmed Security Guard License, as may be required by a state.
- Be able to meet any Federal, State, or Municipal requirements to work as an Armed Security Guard.
- Have no record or history of illegal drug use, sale, possession, or manufacture during the previous five years.
- Have no felony convictions and no convictions that reflect on the individual’s reliability including those crimes classified under the Lautenburg Act.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?Gf%2bd7Jn6%2bluXyZl2BS5gNgy