POSITION SUMMARY: The Registered Nurse (RN) is an experienced registered professional nurse who initiates and coordinates the care plan, provides skilled and palliative care and coordinates the services provided to his/her patients. The RN works cooperatively with the attending physician, Medical Director, and other members of the interdisciplinary team. The RN participates in patient care conferences and supervises the Home Health Aides assigned. The RN provides care, as described in this position description, to patients who have been diagnosed with a terminal illness. The RN regularly reviews and updates the plan of care. Performs prescribed medical treatments, including pain management and symptom control, conducts assessments and evaluations, provides education and supportive care to patient and caregiver.
REPORTS TO: Director of Patient Care Services or Team Leader
SUPERVISES: Licensed Vocational/Practical Nurses, Certified Home Health Aides, Homemakers
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Credentials: Current RN License within the State. BSN preferred. Certification in Hospice and Palliative Nursing desired.
Experience: Minimum of one-year experience as a professional nurse within the last 3 years or have a Baccalaureate in Nursing from a program accredited by the National League for Nursing.
Core Competencies: Demonstrated competency in performance of professional nursing functions. Requires excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to work with dying patients and their families. Possesses a sympathetic attitude toward caring for the hospice patient and demonstrates positive communication skills in interacting with other members of the hospice team.
Other: Valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs comprehensive nursing evaluations.
2. Assesses for signs and symptoms of discomfort including presence of pain and takes prompt and appropriate action.
3. Initiates plan of care and appropriate supervises, provides appropriate nursing follow- up to all patients. Instructs caregivers in managing patient needs and submits appropriate documentation within 24 hours of visit.
4. Coordinates all services provided to patients/families in all settings to ensure quality of care and services as well as appropriateness of care.
5. Supervises the implementation of the approved plan of care, modifies as needed, and contacts physician when appropriate.
6. Provides supervision of Home Health Aides and LVN/LPN.
7. Demonstrates flexibility in scheduling, and readily accepts new admissions and emergency assignments as requested.
8. Maintains knowledge of state and federal regulations and JCAHO standards (if applicable).
9. Participates in QAPI program.
10. Observes for safety hazards in the patient’s and organization’s environments and takes appropriate steps to reduce or eliminate them.
11. Maintains continuing education through academic studies, seminars, and workshops.
12. Attends and participates in in-services, staff meetings, and patient care conferences.
13. Completes all documentation in an accurate and legible manner.
14. Complies with hospice policies and procedures, laws and regulations and standards of practice.
1. Evidence of good physical and mental health.
2. Able to lift 40 lbs. from floor to waist and from waist to shoulders.
3. Able to lift 25 lbs. from shoulder to overhead.
4. Able to push/pull 50 lbs.
5. Frequently required to assist with transferring of patients.
6. Frequent bending.
7. Repetitive standing, walking and use of hands.
8. Average vision/hearing.
9. Phone communication ability.
10. Able to drive a car 2-4 hours per day.
Service Area: Rancho Cucamonga, Temecula
Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?YLPfdHrficNp1vWqqylfVAg