CGS Business Solutions is committed to helping you, as an esteemed IT Professional, find the next right step in your career. We match professionals like you to rewarding consulting or full-time opportunities in your area of expertise. We are currently seeking Technical Professionals who are searching for challenging and rewarding jobs for the following opportunity:
Our Financial client close to Newport Beach, CA is looking for a dynamic Director, IT Engineering to join their team either locally or REMOTE. Reporting to the VP, IT Engineering, you will manage the Systems Engineering, Network Engineering and Database Administration teams. Collaborating to define strategy and execution of the company’s infrastructure goals and objectives. *This is technical hands-on position; roll up the sleeves management style will be required while mentoring a technical team of 8-10 Engineers. This is NOT a 9 -5 management position. This position requires some coordinated after hours work including occasional nights, weekends and holidays.
- 7+ year of experience in Information Systems with increasing management responsibility in an environment of 50-500 servers and between users required.
- 5 years of strong Operational leadership experience with hands on Tactical as well as Strategic management expertise desired.
- Must have strong Project Management skills, understand milestones and create worklists; having managed and maintained JIRA dashboards in the past required
- Some IaaS, PaaS and Azure Cloud experience desired. Experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud technology to include Office 365, Teams, SharePoint and Intune (Azure a plus)
- Hands on experience with automation and Scripting language such as PowerShell desired- specifically around provision, reporting, automation, migration and Azure runbooks
- Microsoft, Cisco and/or VMWare certifications in applicable technologies preferred.
- Knowledge of common software applications to include: Solarwinds/Orion Network and Systems Management, Microsoft Windows Enterprise server operating systems, 2008R2 to 2019, Microsoft Exchange 2016, Microsoft Active Directory, VMWare ESXi
- Knowledge of Network Engineering to include – routing, switching, and firewalls
- Knowledge of Database Administration to include queries, backups, performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Proven ability to support a high-availability data network with a history of increasing responsibility
Required Intangible skills:
- Strong communication and presentation skills, situational awareness and ability to navigate a positive outcome in positive or negative situations.
- White glove ‘customer first’ service; servant leader mentality required
- Strong people skills with the ability to listen objectively, and work well with different personality and communication styles.
- This is a hands-on management role- we are looking for “doers” not just directors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working under leadership of and in collaboration with the VP, IT Engineering to manage a highly technical team of 8-10 working to meet company objectives on time and on budget, prioritizing security, fault tolerance in engineer skill sets, and work life balance for the team.
- Work with engineering teams to find solutions for complex technical issues as they arise; then put process/technology/documentation in place to prevent recurrence.
- Interface between internal engineering staff and senior technical staff from software/hardware vendors
- Will be expected to work independently on complex, non-routine tasks, projects and company IT initiatives. Manage project budgets, timelines and deliverables.
- Receive complex technical projects from senior management; translate to effective resource taskings with deliverables and dates – report on same to executive staff.
- Review/Establish IT polices to support executive management vision and audit requirements.
- Innovate existing processes; research, recommend, and deliver new products with the engineering staff.
- Identify hardware/software/process areas that need upgrade/updates, develop action plans and coordinate with upper management to complete.
- Prepare limited financial budgets and present to executive management
- Communicate effectively and tactfully with subordinates, peers and executive management- Effective conflict management and relationship building skills are as important and technical skills.
- Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments; Manages difficult or emotional customer situations
- Act as a technological champion for the department – recommend and implement industry best practices for Security, Management and Monitoring. Mentor staff and peers on keeping enterprise secure, highly available during normal operations and disaster recover/business continuity situations.
- Achieve operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews, preparing and completing action plans, implementing production and quality standards.
- Resolve problems, identify trends, determine system improvements and implement change when necessary.
- Function as project manager by defining project/program scope and phases, identifying and sequencing milestones, tasks, timelines and deliverables.
About CGS Business Solutions:
CGS specializes in IT business solutions, staffing and consulting services. With a strong focus in IT Applications, Network Infrastructure, Information Security, and Engineering. CGS is an INC 5000 company and is honored to be selected as one of the Best IT Recruitment Firms in California. After five consecutive Fastest Growing Company titles, CGS continues to break into new markets across the USA. Companies are counting on CGS to attract and help retain these resource pools in order to gain a competitive advantage the rapidly changing business environments.
– provided by Dice
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?xs3sJNDoiA%2fPYSZpFtR7WAo