Position Title: Corporate Strategy, Deal Finance and Financial Planning/Analysis
Position Level: Executive Director/Senior Director
Reports to: Chief Business Officer
Department Name: Business and Corporate Development
Century Therapeutics is developing novel iPSC derived cell products for oncology that overcome the limitations of current cell therapies. Century’s genetically engineered, universal iPSC-derived immune effector cell products are designed to specifically target hematologic and solid tumor cancers. Our commitment to developing off-the-shelf cell therapies will expand patient access and provide an unparalleled opportunity to advance the course of cancer care.
Century’s foundational technology is built on induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) that have unlimited self-renewing capacity. This enables complex cellular engineering to produce controlled cell banks of modified cells that can be expanded and differentiated into desired immune effector cells, which can supply vast amounts of allogeneic, homogeneous therapeutic products. This platform differentiates Century from other approaches that utilize non-renewable donor-derived cells.
The Executive Director/Senior Director, Corporate Strategy, Deal Finance and Financial Planning/Analysis is a strategic and highly visible position, reporting directly to the Chief Business Officer. Corporate strategy and analysis are a core decision making function for Century and this individual will have responsibility for day-to-day leadership of this important function. This individual must be able to partner with key leaders across the organization including Research, Development, Regulatory Affairs, Technical Development and Manufacturing, and Commercial, as well as the Senior Leadership Team. This is a high visibility role providing financial modeling, analysis and guidance on all business development, corporate strategy, and global business insights. This individual will also be responsible to ensure a companywide consistent approach to strategic analysis and modeling to enable corporate decision support and optimize corporate development opportunities. This person will be actively involved in supporting business and corporate development strategy and activities and will primarily be responsible for deal finance and structuring activities and work streams.
• Design, manage and maintain advanced valuation and portfolio models, analytical tools, methodologies, and software to support strategic corporate and R&D investment decisions related to portfolio management, commercial brand/product management, and business development/licensing/M&A. These valuations will support Senior Leadership Team and Board of Directors decision making and will be used by external audiences including the investment community, auditors, and potential collaboration partners
• Develop and update the Company’s long-range plan (LRP), including projected future needs for capital, headcount, facilities and other infrastructure
• Perform ad-hoc financial analyses (e.g., breakeven analyses, lease vs. buy decisions, cost of capital analyses, etc.) to support all aspects of the business
• Manage complex issues during agreement negotiations and partner with legal to construct solutions
• Frame issues and options clearly to enable Century’s management team to make informed decisions
• Provide guidance to the development of analytical models and partnering with finance to perform financial analyses to comprehensively value opportunities
• Understand the potential partner’s interests to help ensure transactions are structured so that the parties’ interests are aligned as much as possible
• Evaluate R&D opportunities together with respective functional area colleagues
• Establish collaborative, effective, and trusting relationships with key internal functions including Clinical, R&D, Legal, Manufacturing, Program Management and Finance to ensure the free flow of information and ideas
The ideal candidate must possess a minimum of 10+ years of relevant experience; MBA is required. A bachelors or advance degree in science or engineering is preferred.
The position requires a seasoned financial professional capable of managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, complex, and rapidly growing organization. Prior investment banking, consulting, business development, deal finance, R&D or project management roles within Biotech/Pharma are also highly valued.
• Must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results, demonstrate strong initiative for anticipating and meeting business demands and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
• Excellent financial modeling skills and extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative financial analysis
• Ability to be a strong thought-partner to cross-functional colleagues
• Strong communication/presentation skills with track record of presenting complex financial analyses to executives/ senior management with precision and concision
• Ability to influence management, de-escalate and resolve conflict, manage politics, and get things done quickly and effectively
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Ability to create structure and definition in situations that are uncertain or ambiguous
• Experience with the creation and maintenance of forecasting and modeling tool and applications
• Demonstrated success in evaluating and structuring significant business and corporate development transactions
• Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in Excel (including programing “if/and” statements, financial formulas, pivot tables, etc.), PowerPoint (able to draft logical, concise presentations with good formatting and storyboarding) and Evaluate Pharma/Bloomberg or similar databases
• Familiarity with GAAP and accounting principles and practices
Collaborates well with and trusts & respects team members
Show more Show less
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?PugskSDsdHPgLlyOyddgFwl