Power the Possibilities
The CDK Global technology team is looking for collaborative innovators who are passionate about making their mark on emerging enterprise software products. We’re building and developing cloud technology for the automotive retail industry that will change the landscape for automotive dealers, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and the customers they serve.
Be Part of Something Bigger
Each year, more than three percent of the U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) is attributed to the auto industry, which flows through our customer, the auto dealer. It’s time you joined an evolving marketplace where research and development investment is measured in the tens of billions. It’s time you were a part of something bigger.
We’re expanding our workforce – engineers, architects, developers and more – onboarding early adopters who can optimize, pivot and keep pace with ever-evolving development roadmaps and applications.
Join Our Team
Growth potential, flexibility and material impact on the success and quality of an enterprise software product makes CDK an excellent choice for those who thrive in challenging, fast-paced engineering environments. The possibilities for impact are endless. We have exceptional opportunities to evolve our industry by driving change through new technology.
If you’re ready for high-impact, you’re ready for CDK.
Engineering Manager, Development (DMS)
A Dealer Management System (DMS) is software that equips Auto dealers with a suite of powerful applications and tools to handle the life cycle of Sales, Service, Finance, and Accounting aspects.
DMS engineering organization develops various applications in both modern and legacy technology stacks with emphasis on modernization and transitioning products to AWS. We are looking for a seasoned leader to manage Java engineers and lead a scrum team of backend and frontend engineers. This role involves directly managing the engineering team, which is focused on developing foundational components of modern DMS, and working with teams in other locations and domains.
This is a unique opportunity to help lead the team through agile transformation and tech modernization that is going to drive next-gen Dealer Management Systems. The ideal candidate is a passionate leader with experience in managing & working with distributed teams, diverse software development experience in application development, and distributed systems.
- Lead a team of 8+ engineering team to provide guidance and direction on day to day basis.
- Partner with Product Owner(s) to develop a roadmap and set clear priorities.
- Hire and retain top talent to align with growing needs.
- Provide strategic advice and guidance to Engineering teams on architecture and priorities.
- Manage competing priorities, communicate with stakeholders, and deliver high-quality software to align with product roadmaps.
- Raise the bar on quality, automation, and lead the team through Agile transformation.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 10+ Years of experience in full-stack software development: backend, application development, and distributed systems.
- 5+ Years of experience managing engineering teams in an agile development environment.
- Hands-on experience in Java/J2EE, RDBMS, and Unix systems.
- Experience in frontend technologies like React.js/Node.js is a plus.
- Technical leadership experience in the design & implementation of highly reliable and scalable applications.
- Proven track record of hiring, mentoring, and influencing engineering talent
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?1UCFofWBdud3N7aBlNSZEQs