CATHOLIC HOSPICE INC.
Covering Kendall Regional and Baptist Main Hospitals
Summary & Objective
The Community Liaison is responsible for responding to onsite inquiries regarding information about Catholic Hospice services and for coordinating the scheduling of referrals for an Admissions evaluation.
- Ensure effective communication with Marketing, field Admissions, referral sources and Interdisciplinary Teams.
- Take referrals from all sources, not limited to phone orders, including MD’s, SW’s, case managers, patients, and family members.
- Obtain written consent from patient, family or patient assignee.
- Verifies next of kin and demographic information.
- Communicates with call center and Admissions Nurse any MD orders, time frames for Admissions, and any barriers that may preclude us from an immediate Admissions.
- Contacts patient/family immediately at bedside while in facility to explain hospice services.
- Provides accurate and appropriate documentation of patient/family services.
- Coordinate with call center to ensure all avenues are taken for quick Admissions to Catholic Hospice, Inc. ensuring reimbursement areas are explored and verified prior to the Admissions process.
- Participates in the Admissions team responsibility of providing seven (7) days week coverage; including evenings and holidays.
- Documents conversations with assigned facility, referral sources, patients and families on the prospective patients face sheet.
- Ensures medical records are provided to Catholic Hospice in a timely manner.
- Supports Marketing Representatives with referral sources and activities.
- Increases referral base by effectively communicating with referral sources.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Catholic Hospice, Inc., policies and procedures and pertinent State and Federal Rules and Regulations.
- Interacts with the public and other employees in a positive manner and promote a cooperative working environment.
- Ability to coordinate several projects at the same time with competing demands and tight time lines.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to educate staff, patient/families and referral sources regarding questions pertaining to hospice services.
- Evaluate and insure accuracy in the preparation of documentation.
- Able to maintain files and other information in an organized manner.
- Ability to travel to any location throughout South Florida as needed and expand territory as business needs dictate.
- Maintain your required licenses, certifications and mandatory skill updates.
- Comply with all policies, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Provide other duties of other team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- May serve as an interim department leader depending on need
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and push/pull up to 250+ pounds, walk, climb stair or ladders, stand on feet for extended periods of time, etc.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
CHS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-3 years outreach, professional relations, marketing or sales experience preferred.
- 5 years clinical / healthcare expertise in ALF/NH/ILF/Hospital setting preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience with healthcare Admissions process. Hospice experienced strongly preferred.
- Experience in Suncoast or Medicare / Medicaid systems a strong preference.
- Must have knowledge of computer office/clinical software.
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?09KdbbZOjubv%2bvUCZccc9Qv