To help improve the health, welfare and self-sufficiency of people in need in the Northern Deanery of the Diocese of Colorado Springs. To help ensure effective and efficient functioning of the Regional Office through friendly and professional administrative assistance.
• Maintain a friendly and welcoming presence at the reception area.
• Receive anyone who enters the reception area in a friendly and professional manner, to determine their specific need,
and to take appropriate steps in response.
• Provide administrative support for the Regional Office Director and other staff members such as scheduling and helping
to prepare for meetings, creating presentation materials, etc.
• Answer phones and return telephone calls as needed and to provide clerical and administrative support to the
Regional Office staff.
• Schedule and confirm pick-ups and deliveries and coordinate volunteer support for the Furniture Program.
• Help in the process of obtaining information from clients such as survey responses or client services applications.
• Assist in keeping records sufficient for statistical reports required for funding sources and management purposes.
• Help with file organization and other general office duties.
• Assist in community outreach and educational activities such as Strive to Thrive and other events or presentations.
• Represent Catholic Charities of Colorado Springs within agency guidelines.
• Participate in on-going training and professional development including occasional off-site trainings and webinars, and
keeping apprised of updates and new information regarding the agency’s programs and services.
• A majority of the assigned duties are performed in an office environment.
• The employee is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
• Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential
functions of this position.
This description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principal job elements essential for making compensation decisions.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Experience working with people in a public capacity
Skills & Competencies
• Proficiency in use of the Microsoft Office suite
• Effective time management skills
• Strong organizational and verbal/written bilingual – Spanish/English communication skills required.
• Demonstrated self-starter and ability to work independently with little supervision and meet frequent deadlines.
• Ability to work efficiently, effectively, and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated ability to apply culturally appropriate skills in interactions with clients, co-workers, volunteers,
partner agencies, and other community members.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), problem solving, listening, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to
form and maintain positive work relationships.
• Ability and willingness to work within the established structure of Catholic Charities and the Castle Rock office.
• Occasional evenings and weekends are required to accommodate meetings and special events.
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
$14.00 – $14.64/hour DOE
Part-time: 20 hours per week
Schedule: Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Equal Employment Opportunity
Catholic Charities of Central Colorado is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Applicants and employees need not be Catholic. However all employees are governed by Canon Law or the teachings of the Catholic Church.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?oou9in%2bIVn3jPWPQvKgqxww