A new tab will open
School Social Worker – SSW
We have a great opportunity for a qualified SSW to work in a Elmhurst school district for the at least 3 months. As a therapist within the district you will be scheduled 5 days per week, 7.5 hours per day. This position would be in-person and does have the potential to go through to the end of the school year. Therapists that enjoy this assignment are often invited to return to the school district year after year. Please submit your resume today for immediate consideration. We look forward to having you join our amazing team of therapists! In addition to the standard benefits, our therapists are preferred in a number of school districts in the IL area.
BENEFITS FOR A SCHOOL SOCIAL WORKER:
- Hourly Pay: $32/hr
- Weekly Pay with Direct Deposit
- Referral Bonuses
- Immediate Openings
- Flexible Schedules
Our strong, long-term connections-with the most admired companies-mean a new world of possibilities for your career. Partnering with CareerStaff Unlimited is the kind of proactive move that can put you on an inside track, give you access to more career opportunities, and get you that dream job faster than going at it alone.
MORE ABOUT THE POSITION:
CareerStaff Unlimited partners with companies around the county to raise the bar in healthcare by setting new standards for quality care and personalized service. Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide direct school social work services to referred students who have serious social and emotional problems that interfere with learning. Provide individual and group therapeutic counseling to students and their families
- identify and assesses academic problems through analysis of factors impinging on student adjustment including factors in the home, school and community
- Determine and implement appropriate therapeutic strategies to effect changes in behavioral/ social interactions of students and their families
- Completes psychosocial assessments to assist in the determination of social education eligibility
- Must have an understanding of the IEP Process and the ability to develop Individual Educational Plans, Multidisciplinary Evaluation Team reports, Evaluation Review Reports, Functional behavior Assessments, Behavior Intervention Plans, Manifestation Determination Reviews, 504’s and other special education reports pertaining to student needs and issues
- Demonstrate general knowledge of disability areas in special education with specific knowledge in emotional impairment and autism
- Coordinate and facilitate crisis intervention and trauma response services
- possess a general knowledge of the provisions of the Every Student Succeeds Acts (ESSA), McKinney- Vento law and other state and federal mandates
- Serve as a liaison between families and the school to positively promote collaborative processes in education planning for students by encouraging parent/guardian participation in the school setting.
- Demonstrate knowledge of community resources to provide support and services to student and families.
- Serves as a member of the Resource Coordinating Team (the problem- solving vehicle for the school) and other school-based teams to develop interventions for promoting students’ academic success
- Develop, coordinate and facilitate intervention and prevention groups for students and parents (ie. grief, conflict resolution, divorce etc.)
- Demonstrate skills in conducting effective meetings and conferences (including the resolution of disagreements).
- Maintain required clinical records and submits appropriate documents for statistical reports with adherence to program standards in school social work.
- Demonstrate the skill in communicating concepts and information accurately orally or in writing
- Maintain current knowledge of and abides by federal and state laws with emphasis on persons with disabilities, child welfare, mental health, confidentiality and student and parent rights
- Attends meetings and professional development activities as required
SCHOOL SOCIAL WORKER (SSW) JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Applicants must possess and provide evidence of a Master’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited college or university
- Valid State of Michigan Master’s Social Worker license, issued by the State of practice, Department of Licensing and Regulations, and Full Approval as a School Social Worker issued by the State Department of Education, Office of Special Education and Early Intervention Services.
- Applicants not holding Full Approval must be eligible for Temporary or Continuing Temporary Approval
- Minimum of two (2) years post Social Work Master’s degree experience, working as a Social Worker with school-aged children and families
ABOUT CAREERSTAFF UNLIMITED:
CareerStaff Unlimited, LLC (“CareerStaff”) is a leader in the delivery of workforce solutions and staffing services for the healthcare industry. Our mission is to connect our clients with talented healthcare professionals ensuring the delivery of exceptional patient care. We serve our mission by leveraging a national network 25+ offices throughout the United States. CareerStaff’s services include travel and per diem employment opportunities for nurses, therapists, and pharmacists.
Additionally, CareerStaff provides Managed Service Programs to hundreds of healthcare facilities nationally. By offering unparalleled customer service, unique placement opportunities, top pay and benefits, and employment that meets the lifestyle requirements of our clinicians, CareerStaff attracts high-quality clinicians who transition well to new environments and rapidly assimilate into facility teams.
CareerStaff Unlimited is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action (EEO/AA).
To Apply: Click Here