Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 – 30 minutes to complete this.
First Shift (United States of America)
Nebraska Medicine Specialty Billing Sr Associate
Shift Details: Mon – Fri (Flexible Start time) 6:30am – 9am
Why Nebraska Medicine :
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we’re here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
* Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
* Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
* Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American’s top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Organize, facilitate, and monitor special programs of the organization and various contracts accomplished through invoice billing. Evaluate the progress of organizational programs, monitor patient accounts for accurate reimbursement and timely payment, and complete adjustments as appropriate. Provide program design and maintenance assistance to team leader and/or manager to ensure a quality, patient focused product. Serve as an expert resource for peers and provide back up for various positions within department as requested.
* Minimum of three years previous hospital or professional billing/collection experience, including an emphasis on third party reimbursement and customer service required.
* High school education or equivalent required.
* Highly developed knowledge and understanding of hospital or physician revenue cycle processes required.
* Knowledge of the patient billing process required.
* Ability to research and problem solve required.
* Analytical, organizational, team, project management, and self-directing skills required.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work with a diverse customer base required.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word required.
* Ability to type a minimum of 30 words per minute with 95% accuracy required.
* Knowledge of medical terminology, International Classification of Diseases (ICD), Current Procedural Terminology (CPT), and Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) required.
* Experience with both professional and technical billing preferred.
* Associate’s degree in business administration or college level business course work preferred.