Alternate Locations:Charlotte, NC (North Carolina); Dover, NH (New Hampshire); Omaha, NE (Nebraska); Phoenix, AZ (Arizona)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customers lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
General Purpose of Job
As Telephonic Intake Representative, you will perform and deliver on routine assignments for your assigned client service area(s) of responsibility independently in accordance with established procedures/guidelines. You will serve as a direct point of contact for customers ensuring that good customer relations are maintained, and customer inquiries and concerns are resolved fairly and effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Delivers routine work independently, in accordance with established procedures and guidelines, in a timely manner and meets deadlines appropriately.
* Documents customer interactions in appropriate system(s).
* Escalates client service issues or concerns to senior team members and/or management.
* Maintains customer confidentiality while complying with privacy regulations.
* Makes routine & non-routine decisions under close supervision, applying limited discretion within role except for matters of significance which affect the business as a whole or a significant part of it, in accordance with established procedures/guidelines
* Meets or exceeds departmental quality and service standards.
* Performs research to respond to customer inquiries.
* Performs task by applying core knowledge obtained from the role and acquires increasingly more knowledge to apply in the role.
* Provides accurate, timely information meeting the customer’s needs through problem resolution.
* Provides customer service to internal and/or external stakeholders, recognizes what needs to be done to meet customer needs and demonstrates flexibility and responsiveness to meet customer needs.
* Recognizes general issues/concerns for assigned area(s), explains effect on the customer’s service experience, and suggests process improvements.
* Responds to and resolves customer inquiries meeting departmental quality and production standards.
* Supports and promotes change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
* Works overtime as needed.