The Omaha Housing Authority is a Non-Profit Government Agency based in Omaha. The OHA contracts with HUD to provide low and moderate-income individuals with safe and sanitary housing through rent subsidies and administers over 2700 public housing units and over 3700 Section 8 units.
We are seeking an individual to work part-time rotational shifts as an enforcer of OHA policies and procedures to ensure the safety of residents in high-rise tower units and/or family development sites. Our ideal candidate has experience working in safety and security, is comfortable working independently and on their feet for extended periods of time, and has a personable nature to connect with residents and co-workers.
* Conduct periodic physical site safety checks, ID checks, and foot patrols in and around OHA properties. Contact local law enforcement officials or other emergency response departments immediately upon observation of criminal activity, other unlawful activities or emergency situations.
* Establish trusting relationships with residents and responds to resident concerns regarding OHA lease enforcement and general questions regarding the Omaha Housing Authority.
* Interaction with all area law enforcement agencies and OHA residents and Key Keepers.
* Complete internal incident reports for all incidents observed and reported by OHA residents. Forward completed reports to the Public Safety and Compliance Manager.
* Make recommendations to the Public Safety and Compliance Manager any health and safety improvements at residential locations.
* May coordinate law enforcement/crime prevention and related education with outside resources.
* Perform other duties as assigned by executive management.
* Must be a certified law enforcement officer.
* Bachelor’s degree with major course works in Criminal Justice or related field and must possess law enforcement certification.
* Must have a minimum of two (2) years’ relative experience, or any combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required knowledge and abilities.
* Must have the ability to provide positive leadership and role modeling for individuals with low-incomes of all ethnic backgrounds.
* Must be able to operate a motorized vehicle.
* Must possess and maintain a valid motor vehicle license, a good driving record and be insurable under the OHA Auto Insurance Carrier.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, consultants, contractors, HUD, local, state, federal officials; ability to communicate with people from a broad range of socio-economic backgrounds.
* Ability to sit, stand and walk up to 100% of the time; and reach stoop, squat, push, pull and type up to 25% of the time. Position requires working throughout OHA tower sites and properties in a variety of conditions including; exposure to all types of weather elements and incidents that may include violent and dangerous activities. Incumbents may encounter angry, obnoxious, and rude individuals.
* Ability to move objects weighing up to ten (10) pounds up to 33% of the time.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
OHA is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V
Submit resume for consideration.