Job Title : Nurse Aide Job Code : NO
DEPARTMENT FUNCTION/JOB OVERVIEW
Responsible for understanding and implementing the patient care plan and to deliver quality care within the clinical services systems and according to Madonna’s philosophy and mission. Responsible for reporting adverse patient condition changes to supervisor. Responsible for internal and external customer relations by upholding the mission and values of the facility.
* Understand and utilize individual job description, program and facility policies and operational definitions to ensure quality care delivery.
* Compile and coordinate patient care information to meet program and patient goals.
* Compute, compare, and document patient care data to provide accurate information for the medical record.
* Properly charge patients for billable supplies to ensure accurate billing.
* Instruct and orient new staff to department, environment and operational guidelines.
* Communicate (speak-signal) with licensed nurse and other nursing staff members, regarding patient condition, changes, concerns, patient goals achieved to ensure quality service delivery.
* Serve/attend to the direct care needs of patients and families including transfers, ambulation, repositioning and transporting.
* Communicate to patient, family and co-workers in a respectful manner to maintain a positive customer oriented approach.
* Receive directions from a licensed nurse for patient plan of care in order to meet patient’s goals.
* Take instruction from licensed nurse to perform other functions as assigned in order to achieve the goals within the department and clinical services systems.
* Maintain and assure a safe environment for the department. Handle and operate all necessary equipment and perform required duties according to established safety standards to maintain compliance with regulations and prevent injury.
Medical devices used in work, include but not limited to:
stethoscope/sphygmomanometer trauma tub