At First National, our employees are the heart of our story–and we’re committed to their success! Please see below the details of this career opportunity and how it fits into our organization’s success.
Role Description: Initiate and develop relationships with existing and new customers, builders and industry related representatives to identify and close loan opportunities in support of the department’s revenue and profit goals. Assist in the identification and implementation of enhancements to site procedures, training and technology in support of the enhancement of customer retention/satisfaction, the revenue and profitability objectives of the Mortgage Division of First National Bank of Omaha.
Originate and close Mortgage loans, while ensuring compliance with the established processes and groups.
* Meet and/or exceed defined monthly sales goals.
* Conduct external sales activities to create referral partnerships as well as maintain current ones.
* Establish relationships with local and national business groups including chambers of commerce and other professional and business networking groups.
Conduct research and analysis to identify untapped market segments.
* Create a book of business by utilizing our branch customer base, as well as proactively building relationship internally and externally with business partners.
* Develop plans and work collaboratively with other FNBO/FNNI representatives to develop presence and value adding programs/solutions for those markets.
Demonstrate organizational advocacy through positive teamwork, trust and mutual respect for customers and employees.
* Contribute to the overall success of First National Bank by actively referring customers to alternative products and services offered within the bank. Ensure markets deliver a helpful, easy and personal customer experience
* Provide an individualized and meaningful quality customer experience by engaging the customer, employees, and communities through accountability and mutual respect, integrity, unity, passion and listening to the needs of the customer and employees.
* Seek opportunities and drive development within assigned role. Increase revenue and reduce expenses.
Maintain comprehensive knowledge of current Home Mortgage operating procedures and products and services offered.
* Effectively utilize knowledge and all resources available to support team member competency development.
* Update written procedures as changes occur.
Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank’s BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties.
* Complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls, as required.
* Report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations.
* Report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
* If applicable, ensure direct reports meet the above requirements and take action to address employee performance issues.
Exhibit professional behavior and promote positive working relationships.
* Complete special projects as assigned within allotted time frames. * Be accountable for continuous best efforts to complete the job assigned.
* Exercise a willingness to be a resource to colleagues.
* Practice Retail Distribution Group values and support the goals and strategic plan.
* Be proactive and respectful in all relationships.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, Experience, and Physical Qualifications