Job Title: Cook Job Code:
DEPARTMENT FUNCTION/JOB OVERVIEW
Responsible for safe, accurate and consistent preparation of food (approximately 250 patients and residents, 350+ employees, and 100 off-site meals at Lincoln campus or 110 patients and 250+ employees at Omaha campus). Work requires walking, stooping, lifting up to 50 pounds, and standing. Work requires alternate weekends and holidays. Area is frequently hot, humid, and slippery. Must be able to effectively communicate with his/her supervisor, coworkers and customers. Must be able to follow written and oral instructions, and adapt quantity of ingredients as needed. Responsible for quality service delivery and internal/external customer relations for the department and Madonna as a whole, including the mission and values for the department and facility.
* Coordinates preparation of breakfast, lunch, and dinner food items in required amounts.
* Coordinates flow of work to meet documented meal schedules.
* Documents over and under production quantities on production sheets, inputs data into computer.
* Prepares food according to recipes and production sheets per department policy.
* Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with coworkers and other facility departments to provide a unified approach to patient/resident/ customer care.
* Follows instruction from supervisor to perform other functions as assigned in order to achieve the goals within the department.
* Organizes, cleans, and sanitizes equipment and work area according to established guidelines.
* Attends mandatory in-services according to established departmental guidelines.
* Maintains a safe environment for the department. Handles and operates necessary equipment and performs required duties according to established safety standards to maintain compliance with regulations and prevent injury.
* Communicates product needs and concerns to supervisor.
* Attends non-mandatory inservices.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Medium work with frequent lifting. Occasional lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Frequent lift and carry of 25 pounds. Constant walking with maximum duration of 30 minutes sustained walking on tile, carpet and other surfaces. Must tolerate frequent standing with sustained periods. Frequent reaching with both arms at low, waist, and high levels. Requires frequent pushing and pulling generating up to 40 pounds force to move food carts on tile, carpet and other surfaces for maximum distance of 1500 feet. Frequent grasping of both hands requiring normal grip strength base