Schedule: Monday-Friday 7am-3pm, 30 hrs/wk
Under the direction and supervision of the program supervisor, this position is responsible for planning, preparing and serving adequate and nutritious meals to program participants. This role is responsible for maintaining food and supply inventory; and completing required documentation and records consistent with organizational policies, practices and procedures in compliance with health, safety and regulatory standards and requirements. Responsibilities:
* Prepare monthly menus for supervisor approval and post approved menu in accordance with program policies and applicable regulations.
* Prepare meals as outlined on approved menu in accordance with recommended portions and adult nutritional requirements.
* Record daily freezer and refrigerator and food temperatures for purpose of maintaining safe food storage and distribution.
* Maintain food service, storage areas, and all appliances and equipment in clean and orderly fashion and in compliance with health department and organizational standards.
* Coordinate and consult with dietician on menu items and health regulations and maintain communication with program staff with respect to preparation of individualized meals as required for special diets and/or special program activities.
* Effectively utilize Food Bank and other resources in the provision of meals.
* Maintain food, meal, health and other job related records in conformance with applicable city, county and state standards and regulations, and organziational policies.
* Work as requested and in coordination with program staff in assisting consumers to learn and practice food planning, preparation, and storage skills.
* Assume responsibility for maintaining current knowledge of adult nutrition, CACFP and USDA commodity program requirements as applicable.
Qualified by training and/or experience to perform job responsibilities in conformance with applicable regulations and organizational goals, philosophy, policies and procedures:
* High School diploma or GED
* Demonstrated ability to plan and prepare meals for varying numbers of people
* Demonstrated ability to understand and implement safe food handling procedures including avoidance of cross contamination, proper thawing procedures, serving and storing food at proper temperature, disinfecting surfaces and utensils, and maintain work areas and equipment in accordance with health regulations.
Job Type: Part-time