28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position: The Business Intelligence and Market Research Intern works as part of the Structures Marketing Team and is responsible for supporting the Engineered Support Structures (ESS) division through various data projects. As part of the team, you get to hone your skills as an analyst and researcher while working with a variety of professionals and learning how Valmont improves life across the world. Primary responsibilities of the role include development and maintenance of reporting tools and reports, quantitative and qualitative market research and analysis, and assisting in the development of business forecasting models. As our team member, you utilize cutting-edge tools to collect data and information, perform analysis on various datasets, visualize data, identify trends, and use your findings and insights to support strategic decision-making. This role will be versatile reaching across skills needed in marketing, business, and IT. An analytical mind, attention to detail, and being able to solve problems through critical thinking are keys for success in this job. Being driven, curious, eager to learn/improve, self-motivated, and organized, as well as having the ability to work effectively both individually and as part of a team will help you excel in this role.
Valmont’s internship program mission is to provide a hands-on learning experience through project work, leadership development, job shadowing and interaction with senior leadership.
Essential Functions: * This position reports to the Senior Business Intelligence Analyst and has no direct or indirect reports
* Develop reports, data visualizations, and dashboards using Excel and Tableau to identify trends and gain insights
* Maintain and improve existing business intelligence reports, datasets, and tools
* Monitor and analyze external information sources such as industry news, construction trends, and market/economic indicators
* Share findings and impact assessments with leadership on a regular basis
* Conduct custom market research based on strategic business needs
* Assist in development of business forecasting models using Python and Excel
* Track and analyze data from brand websites and marketing platforms, such as Pardot and Showpad, for optimizing usage
* Ability to travel to company locations in Valley and Omaha, Nebraska as needed
Other Important Details about the Role: * Collect qualitative and quantitative data from various sources using surveys, web scraping, APIs, and other methods
* Support sales team with competitive intelligence and agent performance reporting
* Collaborate with IT to expand the data warehouse and test/validate the implemented improvements
* Enhance website analytics, SEO, and tracking capabilities for improved visibility and customer experience
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledg