Duration: 2 years+ with possibility of permanent hire after 6 months
Location: 100% REMOTE supporting EST hours
Purpose and Objective:
Native VMware Services (NVS) team seeks a Sr. VMware NSX-T Engineer to be an integral NVS’s core business unit, Cloud Operations. This position will work within an experienced agile focused operations team, to bring the NVS platform to the next level.
Expectations and Tasks:
Act as a key member of the Cloud Operations team working with multiple application/LoB teams to help transform NVS’s cutting edge, collaborative platform operation to 99.999% availability, while working within a Hybrid Cloud infrastructure. Candidate must have a deep understanding of VMware NSX-T and a working background around traditional Data Center LAN and WAN technologies: Arista, F5, PAN, Avi, CLI, and GUI, IGP/BGP traffic engineering, VRF routing, IPSEC VPN, and VPNs.
- Responsibilities will include consultation, deployment, and delivery (configuration) of NSX-T 3.0 within a VCF environment.
- Responsible for the NSX-T network, firewall, and load balancing configurations, directing system installation, defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximize network performance by instrumenting & monitoring performance, troubleshoot network problems and outages; schedule upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Secure network system by establishing and enforcing policies, defining, and monitoring access. Accomplish information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Report network and security operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
- Experience in the design and development of L3 routing features such as BGP, VRF, EVPN.
- Working knowledge of VRA and SONIC for the orchestration of the NVS underlay layer is desired.
- Experience must involve 3 years of NSX experience and 5 years in routing protocols (BGP, OSPF); Designing and maintaining of Critical Network and security infrastructure; Service provider networks; Network to network VPN’s; HTTPS, TLS, SSL protocols; Network security products (Cisco ASA, Palo Alto); Datacenter Network and security events monitoring, troubleshooting; Public cloud network design, implementation, and support; Routing and Switching (RSTP, MSTP, VPC, MLAG, HSRP, VRRP, IPSLA).
- Designing and architecting network and security infrastructure; and Software-defined networking.
- The position also requires valid certification in the field of Networking/Security or public cloud.
- Experience in Software Defined Networking and automation a plus (Ansible, Chef, etc.)
HUGE PLUS is NSX expertise as it pertains to Arista eOS integration.
– provided by Dice
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?DyHoNWaArx0A3WAOvAOznQi