Requisition ID: 24243
Category: Sales/Business Development
Position Type: Full-Time
Responsible for design, integration, and delivery of complex software and inkjet solutions into customer environments through the use of unique software integration and design approaches with a mindset focused on multi-vendor integrations and advanced color workflow in both Graphic Arts and TDM environments.
– Provides expert level knowledge and design solutions for color management at an enterprise level with the ability to understand and articulate the impact of color management on varying technologies, data streams, and competitive products.
– Provides Third Level product support to all internal and external customers throughout the assigned region.
– Designs and communicates complex technical solutions in an easily understood manner to internal and external customers.
– Develops complex and innovative approaches to onboard new color applications to maximize utilization of inkjet technology.Deep understanding of offset, toner, and inkjet printing required.
– Collaborates on designing application workflows that automate data preparation, preflighting, postal processing and finishing by utilizing finishing device interfaces, JDF/JMF and available software API’s.
– Responsible for providing post-sales 24/7 support and implementation services and for 24/7 after-hours support.
– Trains customers on color theory, workflow and color management.
– Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience required, plus 7 years of related experience.
– Experience in printing pre-sales/post- sales support in production environments. Understand and be comfortable using the Adobe Creative Suite product, Quark Xpress, impositioning software and/or other standard Color composition and management tools and respective file formats (JPEG, TIFF. EPS, PDF). Able to use and operate Postscript/PDF file handling tools- Acrobat Pro, Distiller, etc. Experience on document delivery through web portals and automation of downstream process and finishing, strong understanding of commercial/ transactional print environments with a strong understanding of Commercial Print markets and current or legacy products.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to interact and communicate in a professional, easily understood method with both internal and external customers.
– Understanding of commercial and transactional print environments.
– Strong understanding of color theory and color management.
– Experience with production inkjet printing.
– Experience on HP Indigo and Xerox iGEN environments.
– Fiery Professional & Expert Certification, Certified G7 Expert, Certified Color Management Professional Master a plus.
– Extensive travel may be required, up to 70% to multi-state sites with frequent overnight stays (valid drivers’ license and acceptable driving record necessary). Certain minimum auto insurance coverages are required.
About our Company – Canon Solutions America provides industry leading enterprise, production, and large format printing solutions, supported by exceptional professional service offerings. With the technology offerings of the Canon and Océ brands, Canon Solutions America helps companies of all sizes find ways to: improve sustainability, increase efficiency, and control costs in conjunction with high volume, continuous feed, digital and traditional printing, and document management solutions. A wholly owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., Inc., Canon Solutions America is headquartered in Melville, N.Y. and has sales and service locations across the U.S.
Canon Solutions America offers a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) Savings Plan, profit sharing, success sharing, educational assistance, recognition programs, vacation, and much more.
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site csa.canon.com/careers , we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at csa.canon.com/careers .
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?wgEESL%2b1n1tRns6ctHHZGgj