Location: US-NJ-Mount Laurel
Requisition ID: 24189
Category: Customer Service/Support
Position Type: Full-Time
Canon Financial Services in Mount Laurel, NJ is currently seeking a Senior Legal Specialist (Specialist, Legal) to assign all contracts to the appropriate Third Party legal counsel for additional collection and/ or legal activities to protect CFS’ interest in the equipment.
– Assign all contract(s) to the appropriate Third Party for additional collection and/or Legal activities to protect CFS’ interest in the equipment
– Review and prepare the necessary documentation and obtain the proper approval for all contracts recommended for “Charge-Off”. Coordinate all “pipeline” reporting and other information for review by senior management of potential future “Charge-Off’s”. Submit all contracts approved for “Charge-Off” to the appropriate parties for processing and pro-actively ensuring all activities are processed accordingly
– Pro-actively manage all contracts sent to a third party agency due to customer non-payment, by tracking all placements and following up for update status
– Maximize CFS’ recovery by reviewing and approve or obtaining proper approval for all settlements and or payment plans being offered by the customer via the third party
– Ensure the proper cash application for all recovery monies received on contracts
– Track and monitor all equipment returns to ensure proper recovery amounts and applicable documentation is prepared and sent to the appropriate parties
– Develop and monitor tracking mechanisms to ascertain third party effectiveness in terms of recovery as a percentage of amounts placed & CFS “Loss”
– Timely preparation and distribution of all required documentation (S of A, R2, Releases, Proof of Claims, etc). Ensure all paperwork is properly filed within applicable statutes
– Develop and/or modify operating instructions as it relates to the process of sending and closing legal contracts
– Partner with internal parties (collections, re-marketing, etc) to improve process efficiency and ensure all relevant information is available and reaches the applicable parties
– Communicate and facilitate with CFS Dealers on legal accounts to ensure proper procedures are adhered
– Other projects as described
– Bachelor’s degree in a related area or equivalent work experience required
– 3+ years Accounting aptitude, problem solving skills, and Customer oriented experience required
– Microsoft Excel and Word proficiency
The company will not pursue or support visa sponsorship for this position.
About our Company – Canon Financial Services, Inc. (CFS) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., Inc.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean markets. With approximately $36 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2018† and is one of Fortune Magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies in 2019. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based service and support for all of the products it distributes in the United States. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company’s RSS news feed by visiting and follow us on For media inquiries, please contact .
† Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site , we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at .
#PM19 #CFS #LI-AV1 #CBAV
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?fmcGIC3YIQTuQ3M8nHhOXQw